1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What feature do you wish your Prius had?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Nov 28, 2004.

1. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well at least you know its plant derived so its less harmful to the environment

2. tntna

tntna New Member

I keep wishing for this every time I pull into the driveway. When the Prius gets to the Home location, I'd love to see it automatically transmit the garage door opener signal. User's choice of course, since the mirror has three buttons available.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I don't know if that would be a good idea. However, I have found the Homelink to have a much greater range than my original opener, and no fade over time due to battery wear!

4. jaguaraja

jaguaraja New Member

uploadable MP3 horn-tones!! Hell-YAH

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sweet! I like that idea..... I'm sure I could come up with some usefull songs or song clips for it... :mrgreen: Hmmm, mood tones? When someone's really rude, use a rude song... haha..

7. Tesseract

Tesseract New Member

1. Independent rear suspension
    2. Better OEM tires!
    3. Rear disc brakes...it's a 21st century car, why the heck would you use 19th century brake hardware
    4. Park distance control front and rear
    5. A moonroof
    6. Auto headlights and speed sensitive audio volume equalization
    7. XM as a factory option...headunit is capable, everyone wants it, why not offer it??
    8. Rainsensing wipers
    9. Video options for MFD

8. wesj49

wesj49 Junior Member

On and off switch on the ss & se fob itself.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But there's a cancel switch under the steering wheel

10. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Well I added em all up and the new gross vehicle weight is 17,275.323 pounds and the sticker price is $123,299.99. Talk about "Pimp My Ride" A Hummer gets 4 times the mileage...but the good news is the uploadable MP3 horn tones play "Money" and when that sound of the coins being dropped into the drawer plays it shatters the back light of whatever vehicle you are following and the driver....well.... fill in your own blanks.
    Peace,
    Paul

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating here: A really powerful electric cabin heater for instant heat in sub-zero weather.

I drove a Camry yesterday while my Prius was getting the fuel-gauge/filler fix, and that car puts out some serious heat. The 1.5 L engine in the Prius takes 10 or 15 minutes to really warm the cab in sub-zero weather, and by then I've gotten where I'm going. I would like heat faster. (The Prius is still an improvement over my old Civic, which took even longer to heat the cab.)

12. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul113\";p=\"58373)</div>
    it does?? for 20 times the amount of gas you mean?

13. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Aside from a decent iPod interface, I wish the trip meters kept track of MPG.

I also think the dashboard controls are kind of a mess. Some controls are on the MFD, some are next to it, and a bunch of audio controls are on the unit itself. I think they should all be on the MFD. I've gotten used to it, but a well designed UI would be more intuitive.

14. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

never mind! :roll:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"58408)</div>
    it does?? for 20 times the amount of gas you mean?
    [/b][/quote]

15. NiMH

NiMH New Member

I've had my Prius for a few weeks now and I really love it but of course there are a few things I'd change if I could:
    - Ability to make entries directly into phone book. It looks like the only way to put numbers in the phone book is through Bluetooth. My BT phone is a Blackberry and it doesn't support the phone book downloading (apparently RIM caters to the enterprise customers who want limited BT capability for security reasons). The only way I can see to create phone book would be to borrow another BT phone, enter all the numbers in it and then dump them to the car.
    - Clock synchronization with GPS. Since the GPS has to maintain a highly accurate clock, it would be cool if the clock on the dash would synchronize to it now and then so it would never need adjusting.
    - Disabling Voice Commands. Since the voice recognition seems to often confuse my standard commands (Go Home) with some obscure ones (Government Offices), it would be nice if I could disable some of the obscure ones to reduce the number of errors.
    - Plot fuel consumption versus distance instead of time. It would be more relevant to update the consumption display with each fixed distance travelled than with the elapsed time (5 miles instead of 5 minutes). For example, spending a long time stopped with the engine off isn't really contributing to good mileage (although it isn't killing your mileage as with a conventional car). Another way of looking at it is that the efficiency "bar" on the plot is much more significant to your mileage at a high speed than at a low speed. The really nice thing about this alternative display would be for Canadian vehicles, which plot L/100km instead of mpg. In this case the "area under the curve" in the plot would be directly proportional to the amount of fuel consumed (litres) instead of (litre-minutes/km). In the US display the area under the curve is mile-minutes per gallon. Not very intuitive.
    - Those are my personal additions to the wish list. The other things I've seen mentioned that I would really like are: EV mode (will probably do the mod), Automatic garage door opening based on GPS location (neat gadget!), Heated seats (though Polly Prius does make me warm all over :oops:) , Auto electric seat adjustments based on user key (why not?), MP3 compatibily instead of cassettes (shame on Toyota), lifetime mileage display, disc brake indicatot, and a better GPS database (my brand new version 4.2 is older and less accurate than my Garmin GPS)

If only there really WAS a Santa...

16. alcor

alcor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's a great car, but since you asked,

Leather seats, electronically adjustable with memory
    Sun Roof
    Daytime Running Lights
    Body Side Moldings to protect doors

Alan

17. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"58377)</div>
    Yeah.. we need a 500V heater... just for only when you start the car.. like a blow dryer.. or two.. er.. 4

18. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey, at least the Prius heats faster then Beast Blazer does..... I have a 30 min commute to work (15 if there's no traffic, but that only happens late at night when I finally go home), and Beast's cabin is still cold by the time I get to work. Give me a break! WA isn't THAT cold! *twitch*

19. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've just thought of another feature I would like on the Prius - a driver's side storage compartment in the dash. The 00 Corolla and 02 Camry that we have have a driver's side compartment that we use to store coins. It's sorely missed on the Prius.

20. syd

syd New Member

1. A way of inputting phone numbers directly, and/or updating the software to understand sending a true vcard and pulling the numbers out of it. Its lack of ability to understand the true vcard's multiple numbers makes it totally useless.

2. Agree on Nav entry for passenger.

3. Less blind spot (some change to pillar placement)

4. Agree with options on menus.

5. Agree on window controls working until door is opened.

6. Door lock that works like my wife's dodge, press door lock and when the last door is closed, then the auto-lock engages and all doors lock.

7. Better sense of stop for power off. I am forever hitting power off just a bit too soon when I park car, and then having to let go, wait the sec and press again, is a pain, reminds me of the Jeopardy button lockout. (I don't press park, because hitting park 1/2 the time I hit the wiper control which is in the way)

8. Wipers that return to bottom when car is powered off, and not stay in the middle of the window.