1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What feature do you wish your Prius had?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Nov 28, 2004.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I wish it had the ability to move so fast, that it causes the Earth to spin the other direction, thus causing time to go backwards.

Oh, hell -- I keep getting Tipler's Physics mixed up with the plot of Superman.

I'd settle for an AUX-IN plug for the stereo, for my MP3-playing PDA.

2. calpal

calpal New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Aside from lighting up the features on the steering wheel for night time vision, I would like some real way of knowing exactly how much distance I have when I back up to a car. Also why not combine diesel with hybrid? Let 's go for 100 miles per gallon!

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

It is actually, though admittedly not very well. At least it is in the US.

Emissions, that's why. See thread on Jetta.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/1-vt6360.html

4. edgar

edgar New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Direct iPod link, with full interface viewable on-screen and controllable via steering wheel.

Doesn't seem like rocket science (which the Prius already is).

5. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I would like to see front to back attitude measurements, averages, and display - in the same sense as standard instrumentation in aircraft cockpits.

With that information, you could get a quantitative idea of that tank's fuel economy related to driving conditions (hilly or flat.)

Also, it would be great if slope data was stored in the NAV database and it could calculate a route based upon the best (most efficient) roadway grade changes.

6. azemission

azemission New Member

I wish there is a AWD option.... but probably would kill MPG.

dkny

7. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since it's hot out. Tinting on the windows with a laminate on the front windshield. Sound proofing the ceiling ( a lot of heat ) and doors. I also wish there were A/C vents in the rear. It would be nice if the A/C was cooler.

I want the adaptive headlights off my parents 400h. Along with a sub for the sound system, along with better tweeters... ok... a better more crisp sound system. The new Valence battery would be cool. Even if it's a battery the same size. they are more powerful, less effected by heat, they produce less heat, more enviromentally friendly, and recharge fast. Not sure if they charge faster than our current batteries though.

All wheel drive would be nice. I don't think it would effect mpg. It only uses rear power when you need it. Most of the time it stays off. With the extra generator, you make up electricity very well. After all, the 400h is tuned for performance, and i'm still able to pull high 20mpg.

Any way to put the prius body on a 400h? they are about the same size. same hight anyways.

8. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Would be great if the NAV plotted the best overall including the above and traffic speed conditions for the most optimal route.

I asked the EnergyCS people during the OC presentation, and they said they might consider just a normal battery-pack replacement with Valence batts, although it's not really cost efficient.

They started with wanting to put a more detailed display of the Prius 'operations' on the dash and ended up with a whole battery extension mod, but maybe they'll go back to that and market their fancy instrumentation cluster.

9. prius04

prius04 New Member

You make a very good point that seems logical, but I don't think it works. You see, AWD requires a second differential and this item has moving parts that would provide some degree of friction load on the spinning of the wheels. Plus, AWD adds weight to the car. These two factors combine to add a certain amount of drag, and decrease in the MPG all the time.

But as for AWD, the VSC gives the car excellent handling in the snow and rain. I've been there.

10. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had weight in the car. It doesn't make too much of an impact. We are also talking.. what.. cables, rear diff., electric motor. Hundred or two? Not too bad. Not to mention, you'll be generating more electricity every time you brake or coast.

I wish we could install it and run some test. that would be really benificial if it does work. If not, then we'll create other little tweaks.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, with HSD, the components will weigh less than conventional cause you do away with the rear centre differential to split the power.

12. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Dim panel lights, I still have trouble finding the rheostat to dim and brighten panel lights, and also ilumination on the park button, I never seem to find that at night when I need to.

13. chrism07924

chrism07924 New Member

custom high-end stereo, not the jbl garbage
    remote engine start
    integrated dvd player
    gps nav (don't have it)
    vsc (i own package 5)
    some kind of 3g wireless internet connection

14. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IALTMANN\";p=\"109299)</div>
    The Park button is really well-lit to my eyes, but if you still can't see it, my rule of 'thumb' is to put hand at the level of shifter knob, and then point the index finger of that hand.

Move hand forward and *tingle*, Park button. If you still miss it, something is seriously wrong. :p

15. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

NuStrike., thanks for the help, it is called poor eyesight and old age, helicopters vibrate, and detached and re-attached retina's and the likes and bi-focals don't help. Will be trying the touchy index finger thingy, have to feel for the shift knob too because can't see that either. I am experimenting driving with the dimmer up and switched on for day time ilumination, to get more light in the cabin at night., it is just so dark for me, that I cannot make out everything I need to in order to do all the tasks needed.

16. Al Klappenberger

Al Klappenberger New Member

Here's my wish list:

1 - The same as several people mentioned earlier: A rear view camera for the touch screen display.

2 - Rewire that SILLY "It's less then 37 degrees outside" light into a light that goes OUT when the gass engine is up to normal opereating temperature. This way I know when I can turn the heat on in the winter without blowing cold air on myself!

Al K.

17. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On the MFD "Energy" screen I'd really like to see an indication of the 12 volt battery charge/discharge (vertical bar).

And someplace (maybe on the MFD/Energy) a temperature readout for the ICE.

18. justsoup

justsoup New Member

Advanced apology for repeats...

1. Mute button
    2. LED interior lights (I know I know, there are mods for this)
    3. Full size spare
    4. Directional lights on the side mirrors
    5. EV mode for the US models
    6. Running total for MPG and fuel consumption
    7. iPod interface on the screen and steering wheel controls
    8. Brighter steering wheel lights

19. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Automatic headlights

20. MarkO

MarkO New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Aug 21 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]306998[/snapback]</div>

YES!!!!

Why are they listed in the manual?? I first had a #4 (wife has it now), then got a #7 and was hoping to get auto headlights. What is the great mystery in including them????