1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What features can be disabled or reset?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ForestBeekeeper, Sep 11, 2016.

1. ForestBeekeeper

ForestBeekeeper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I know how to reset the Maintenance required light, and I know how to disable Traction Control [thank God].

What other things can I do with my Prius without a scanguage.

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Let's see....
    You can turn on/off horn beep when locking/unlocking (use the FOB to do it).
    If you have the nav. screen you can set one door unlock or all doors unlock.
    If you have the nav. screen you can set maintenance reminders based on mileage for most of the scheduled items (separately).
    If you have the nav. screen you can set the lights on delay after you shut off the car.

There's more. It's all in the owners manual.

3. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The owner's manual says you can stop the automatic locking and unlocking of doors when you shift in and out of "PARK," or change to speed-based automatic locking and unlocking. However, I can't make their method of doing that work.

On trim levels with one-door SKS, you can change from only the driver's door unlocking when you touch the handle, to all doors unlocking. That procedure actually works as claimed in the manual.

4. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    you can disable the reverse gear beeping, but it's something that has to be done manually with a serial connection, or have a toyota tech do. i wouldn't drive mine off the lot with that turned on, but I would have turned it off myself if I really had to.