1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What fuse would disable the alarm?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Thane, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Thane

Thane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can anyone tell me what the fuse is for the alarm or if their is one specifically for it?

My alarm keeps going off randomly. I'm aware of the issue with the panic button sticking but I'd like to make darn sure this thing doesn't ever go off again while I'm not their to turn it off so I'd like to completely remove power from the system or the sensor if possible.

A mechanic thinks it might to do with a sensor being affected when the rear quarter panel was smashed in by a hit an run driver at night. I live in a safe neighborhood....well, pretty safe anyway, things are changing sadly, we now have gang member look-a-likes walking tough down the street right in the middle of our friendly, peaceful small town filled with churches, isn't that nice...... but anyway for now its safe enough that in light of the car alarm going off I have just left my car doors unlocked for about 3 years. However someone went through the glove box last night so I'd like to at least start locking the door from now on. I didn't even know the car had an alarm until it went off suddenly without my input, its not really something I value so I'd like to just gain some piece of mind to know that it won't go off for hours while i'm away in the dense neighborhood I live in.

bisco likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Usually this is an aftermarket alarm installed by the dealership... There's usually some wires in the kick panel to left on driver's side that are clearly aftermarket and you could add a switch or a snip to the power wire in that spot to deal with it.

3. Thane

Thane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks very much PriusCamper. I'll check that out.