1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Gen Prius has the best ac?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Higgins909, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Rode in the back of my mothers '12~ Buick Encalve. Thing had some serious AC in the back. Not only was it cold, but on full blast, it moved some serious air. Albeit it was only about 68F outside. Then the front has it's own vents. My dad's '18~ F150 has pretty good AC as well. I thought my 04 Accord EX-L I had, had pretty good AC as well. But now I have my '10 Prius and I think the AC sucks. When it's 103F outside sitting in the sun, it will get the cabin down to about 90F after 20 minutes, from 120-130F. It supposedly blows 40F, but I think it doesn't blow that much air. I've noticed when using the heat, it blows a fair amount less.

Does anyone know what Generation of Prius has the best AC? Any other vehicle with top notch AC?

Thanks,
    Higgins909

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they are all the same. do you have eco turned off? that suppresses it.

if you want great a/c, get a land yacht

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    These are cars over ten years old. Has the system been been pressure checked to ensure the refrigerant is level is at full. low level leaks do happen. Our old sable needed to be topped off.

4. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I don't have any other gen3 to compare to but the AC in my 2010 is noticeably weak compared to all the gen2 and camrys in the family, thought it was just my 2010 but maybe they are all like it

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had it looked at in 2020. I tried to top it off with the can and ended up overfilling and then taking it to the dealer and having them fix my screw up. I thought maybe it was a little low after a microscopic leak over 11~ years. Causing it to blow not as cold. The Toyota dealer said it blew fairly cold, in a way that made it sound like it was kinda crappy. There were more than a couple days after I got it fixed and it was 100+ outside. It really sucks then. Doing a bunch of tricks and such trying to cool it off as fast as possible.

I do have eco on right now, but 80% of the time I'm manually controlling the AC.

I have partial tint, none of the windshield or trunk door. I wonder how much a windshield strip and tint on the rear will really help. I'm planning to have it professionally done soon. A strip on the front, 25% front four and 5% rear 5. I've been thinking about installing the remote start as well. I think this Prius will be kicking for maybe 2 more years, despite my want for another vehicle. Maybe there will be a electric car that's worth it and that I can afford when that happens.

I want to know for the future if Gen 4 Pri have better AC or maybe get a very different vehicle.