1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Happened to Stop Watching This Topic?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jimofdg, Sep 15, 2004.

1. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I know when post a reply to a thread, I have the option of unchecking a box marked "Notify me of replies to this thread." But there was a link just above and below the set of replies, which I could toggle to get notification and turn it off.

My workaround is to post again to the thread. Then I can turn off notifications, but at the risk of posting an unnecessary message. Second best method is to edit one of my postings.

Is there a better way now?

2. cybele

cybele New Member

The new way to watch or stop watching a thread without ever posting to it is to use the little toolbar (with the ever watchful eye!) in the upper right.

There's a little clock looking thing there. If it's white/gray it means that you're not watching the topic. If it's orange you are watching the topic. You can click on that whether you've posted or not to the thread.

If you rollover and hold on each item in the toolbar, the tooltip text should tell you what each tool does.

You can control the default for your postings to have the "notify" pre-clicked in your profile.

I hope that helps. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Is there a way to tell PC that I'm simply not interested in a thread?

For example, I don't own a bluetooth phone. I would love to be able to open a bluetooth phone thread and mark it. Then, when I click the link "View posts since last visit", it would return new posts except the ones I've marked.

I'm sure that's not possible. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone knows of a workaround.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    you mean make it so it doesnt show up at all?

that might be cool and it can be done on other forums. it usually is a checkbox next to the thread in the index labeled "ignore this thread"

keep in mind though that i have seen sporadic results using this feature in other forums....iow, YMMV

5. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"39886)</div>
    At the risk of posting a "me, too" reply, I'd like to add my support for this suggestion, which I think would be one of the most productive ways to improve the general usability of PriusChat.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    First of all, thanks Cybele for handling that question.

About the new suggestion, I like it, but like everything else, it's a matter of what I can either figure out how to do or convince someone else to do it for me :)

Still working on a damned mileage db...

7. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Thanks for the answer. I didn't know I could set the preferences for the check box. Thanks Danny for adding the icons at the bottom of the page, where I found it today.

See my revision of the Prius-2G Yahoo group's database on waiting time. If your mileage database can restrict the format of input the overall work will be more meaningful.