1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What has the right done in 5 years of total control?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amazingarthur, Jun 1, 2006.

1. ram1901

ram1901 New Member

What does any of this have to do with owning a Prius??
    What first attracted me to this forum was the personal experiences of Prius owners. We're a unique bunch in that we are still a minority and we drive one of the most, if not the most technologically advanced cars on the road today AND we get the best fuel economy available in any production car that does NOT need to be plugged in AND as a side benefit we drive a car that does the least damage to the environment, or so we are told AND with few exceptions, we all loooooooooove our cars.
    Sooooooooooo, can we dispense with the divisive talk that has nothing to do with the cars we drive and get back on topic with shared experiences about an amazing car??
    In search of an apolitical forum....for once!

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DE_blue_06 @ Jun 4 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]265833[/snapback]</div>
    May I direct your attention to the Off Topic Guidelines for posting in Fred's House of Pancakes?

3. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 1 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]264467[/snapback]</div>

1. Killed a bunch of people who's express goal was the destruction of freedom and equality. (oh those killed also actively advocated the killing of Amercans and as well as other innocent people)

2. Less people trying to kill me. (of course it sounds like thee are more if you listen to the news but that actually is caused by targeted reporting and not actually more people trying to kill me)
    True economic growth, not the flash in the ban tech bublle BC rode. (enemployment is at 4.7% When BC had this number the press was touting it as the best economy ever!)

3. See answers to 1 snd 2

4. No

5. No, if true but I recall that liberals consider an increase a cut if the increase isn't as large as the wanted!

6. So? Ar eyou saying that you WANT to vote for military personel! Not very liberal of you.

4. Tracylouise

Tracylouise New Member

The right has done nothing with their opportunity. I do not support the right, and if I were a republican, I would be very disappointed with Congress's lack of achievement.
    No wonder they are losing their base. They are way too busy pandering to their corporate sponsers, so they can afford their unethical attack adds in their next elections.

I think that most of our problems would be solved with public funded campaigns, exclusively. No money from special interests AT ALL.

Then talented folks will participate in politics, ones that are intellegent and able to accomplish real objectives. Make the changes we need to inprove our governement. No pandering, no debts to corporate interests.

What a nation we would be if we were free from the crap that these expensive campaigns cause.
    I am convinced that the extraordinary corruption we are experiencing today is rooted in the financial dependence the politicians have to their corporate sponsers.

We can fix it, and remove these dishonest politicians with one change...switchto publicly financed campaigns.

5. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

I believe a Democrat put it nicely, “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.†So with the inspiration of President Kennedy, let me ask you Arthur, what have you done for the country or the poor and needy in the last 5 years?

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Jun 4 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]265859[/snapback]</div>
    Are you kidding? The illegal war in Iraq is the best recruiting tool that al Queda has ever had! George Bush and bin Laden are each others' best allies. Without bin Laden, Bush's approval rating would be 2%, instead of 30%, or whatever it's dropped to these days; and without Bush, bin Laden would be a no-account lunatic with a half a dozen followers, instead of the hero of every extremist muslim in the world.

7. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 5 2006, 06:07 AM) [snapback]265935[/snapback]</div>

Actually that's what the reporting news agencies want you to think. The actually numbers of people joining these movements is diminishing. Why? because everyone that joins is killed. No matter what recriting tool you have, constantly losing ALL of you volunteers negatively affects your recruiting ability.

http://jamestown.org/terrorism/news/articl...ticleid=2370006

8. jared2

jared2 New Member

"constantly losing ALL of you volunteers negatively affects your recruiting ability."

I guess that's why it is getting harder and harder to find volunteers to fight in Iraq.

This certainly seems to be the answer. Just kill everyone in the world who hates the US and US actions. That would be a couple of billion - no problem at all with a couple of hydrogen bombs. Problem solved. Next?

9. amazingarthur

amazingarthur New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike0422 @ Jun 5 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]265908[/snapback]</div>
    What have I done? I speak out against these corrupt fascist republicans every chance I get! I'm still waiting for you to defend what the right has done.....

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 5 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]266137[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

To paraphrase:

nothing...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 5 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]266132[/snapback]</div>
    If, in reality, not inside your fabricated conspiratorial universe, this was accurate, we wouldn't have an immigration problem would we?

11. Che

Che New Member

Hey Mystery Squid! That is one of the better avatars I've seen around.

Anyway, so what I am getting from everyone is that the republican half of us thinks that the democratic half is a bunch of flower power morons that couldn't come up with a rational idea if they tried, and the democrat half of us thinks that the republicans are a lot of HK MP5 totin' crazies intent on the destruction of civil rights and the environment, and couldn't come up with a rational idea if they tried.

We as a nation will definitely get a long way with that attitude. Actually, I guess we have, or at least for 230 years and counting.

I support the second amendment.

I could care less about gay people getting married one way or the other.

I am vegan.

I use a mac.

I would probably vote for John McCain.

I am a veteran.

I drive a prius.

I think Iraq is on the brink of civil war and that we have probably made some strategic mistakes in our handling of the conflict so far.

I don't always agree with Bush, but I don't always disagree with him either. I try to take everyone's opinion and evaluate it independent of their political affiliation.

I would not vote for Kerry / Edwards, one because I did not see a static vision of where he wanted to take the country. Nor did I see alot of detail in his proposals. Plus I could not bring myself to vote for a personal injury lawyer (Edwards)

Holy crap, where do I fit in?

12. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Good post Che.

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Che @ Jun 5 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]266258[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!

I agree with Mirza, good post!

:)

14. Che

Che New Member

PS

GO HURRICANES!!!!!

15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Che @ Jun 5 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]266258[/snapback]</div>
    And the other half of us believes that all the quarelling between the D's and the R's is just a smokescreen for the fact that they both serve the same interests, and the division of the voting public into the two camps just shows how successful those interests are in dividing and conquering the American public. Keep people arguing about abortion and gay marriage and nobody will notice that the transnationals that own both parties are sucking the country dry.

16. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jun 3 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]265193[/snapback]</div>
    Very well Said! :D :D :) :lol:

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Che @ Jun 5 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]266258[/snapback]</div>
    I like this.
    I support the second amendment too - have a glock series 19
    I care about marrage - but think homosexuals should have the same protections as heterosexuals
    I am a vegan and a carnavore and a herbavore at times depending on availability and cost
    I also own a Mac and half a dozen Dell's
    I would probably not vote for McCain - would love to see lieberman run again
    I am not a veteran - but would serve if called upon
    I drive a Prius too
    I dont think Iraq is on the verge of civil war - i think it is headed in a good direction and needs more time
    I dont always agree with Bush but voted for him because he wanted to defend America
    I could not vote for a PI lawyer - ever - no lower form of life - complete waste of talent
    I am pro-abortion but believe R vs. Wade should be overturned and it should be a states rights issue
    I dont believe in seat belt or helmet laws either - like individual responsibility concept
    I believe in a flat tax

like you - in search of a party that represents me

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike0422 @ Jun 5 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]265908[/snapback]</div>
    This is GREAT stuff.... :lol: :lol:

The Kennedys: Now theres a name one can dredge some muck on..

The poor, is that middle class during the tax the hell out of you democratic rule or are you refering to the lower class that lack the education to get a better paying job and decide to live off of the welfare system were again we all pay?

Or the needy, the homless people that chose to live free and except hand outs and do not pay the govement anything because they do not have to.?

If you refer to the elderly, well I think they & 100% disabled should recieve S/S & dissability but those who can work should and not mooch off of the sys...

19. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Yep like FHOP tonight., good thoughtful insights, no political animals, and good horse sense all around...good job ALL of you..as for the situation here., I have adopted a more "light" approach to it all.. I think my way, and have a good time watching all..R or D's , as they each try and "woo" us all over. Both sides have severe problems of credibility and honesty, and at this point one is usually left to pick the lesser of the two "evils". I find that voting for an impossibility is a wasted vote, yet voting with either side feels horrible too...

My view is to just do what I think will be best for the COUNTRY, I watch and do not over simplify pocket book and "magnet" issues these established lawyers, tricksters, and elite individuals try and grease the voter with. Believe me, it is only when you vote you hear about it, after they're "IN"., they don't care...only at the next election. Honesty, integrity and courage (P.S. really liked Lieberman) are the true values to look for, and watch for the hypocracy.

20. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]266760[/snapback]</div>
    I can't think of a better argument for gun control.