1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What have you done to your c today?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kingnba6, Nov 21, 2013.

1. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Will be adding these to my C in the near future....:)

WP_20150728_004.jpg

if you still need to replace the mirror, there are JDM blue tinted mirrors (glass only) for sale on e-bay. These are Toyota JDM. They just stick with 3M tape to the existing mirror glass, it would be a nice easy upgrade!

#681 orenji, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
    mertechperformance and OldNo7 like this.
  2. coglark

coglark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    So far I have plasti dipped the stock hubcaps, done the Hi beam - Low beam mod and replaced all 194 bulbs with super bright LEDS. I have replaced my cabin air filter also, and applied a bit much force to the white cover= snapped clips off. Since the seal wasn't ... sealed... there was a high pitch whine coming out of the filter box when the fan blows from outside. A patch of white duct tape has silenced that.

Note, not done all in one day..lol

3. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Added g's emblems as well as technocraft trd rear spoiler. Still waiting for my touring spoiler.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SM-N910T ?

Theomancer and orenji like this.
  4. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did you get the rear spoiler off of E-Bay?

5. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    #685 mertechperformance, Aug 7, 2015
    orenji likes this.
  6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You gonna leave it black or paint it?

7. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I plasti dipped it black as it was just off white natural colored plastic, these don't come pre painted except for black and I wanna say moonglow, so I got the unpainted. I'd love to get it painted eventually, time will tell, my car is kind of panda as it is now though so it may stay. I had the license plate valence dipped black before this, so figured I'd return that to white and dip the spoiler, I should have seen what it'd look like with both black, oh well. Only a few hours and a can of dip to see.

SM-N910T ?

#687 mertechperformance, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    orenji likes this.
  8. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm dominantly a lurker, but I've mostly completed what I was looking to do with my 2014 C2. I apologize for the plethora of pics to follow:

[​IMG]Forward facing radar detector and forward parking camera

[​IMG]Ultraguage and 400mm Broadway mirror, with forward dash cam behind it.

[​IMG]Rear facing dash cam. 5x 5V solar panels visible in the bottom left that feed a usb battery for charging random things while car is off.

[​IMG]Cup holder for drivers side. Switch left of the mirror controls turns off/on the radar detector. Those aren't allowed to operate on naval bases, so I needed a way to turn it off.

[​IMG]Where the circle plug normally is I replaced with a 12V socket, and put a usb adapter in its place. The circular switch is to turn off/on the forward/rear dash cameras. Surveillance equipment is not allowed to run on naval bases as mentioned above. The rectangular switch is to swap between the rear parking camera view and the forward parking camera view.

[​IMG]Plastidipped the center console thing. The extra button manually turns off/on the parking cameras. I wanted a way to turn them on without being forced to put the car into reverse.

[​IMG]I put a boot and replaced the shift knob with a manual one. I don't have a practical reason for this one, I did it for fun and to troll friends.

[​IMG]Installed a proclip to hold my phone, and a second one to hold my wifes phone while she plays emulated NES games. You can see the controller for it in the cubby in the background. Installed a Corolla radio as per the instructions found in this forum. I put a shroud around it do that I could see it in brighter daylight.

[​IMG]The 5x 5V solar panels run forward and into this device that shows how much power is being fed into a 5v usb battery I placed into the center armrest. Amperage showing at top, Voltage below.

[​IMG]LED strip installed into the rear trunk cover thing so that I could actually see what is in my trunk. The camera is facing up so that you can see where the strip is. When you're standing outside the car the LEDs shine downwards into the trunk.

[​IMG]The above mentioned LEDs run down into where the normal lamp is and pulls its power from there. I used cheap pc parts to make the connector, and ethernet wire for the cable. If I accidentally forget to unplug the LED strip, the cable disconnects itself pretty easily.

[​IMG]Lastly, Yoshi Lin on this forum helped me out importing a lip kit. I finally got around to installing it this past Wednesday with the help of the base body shop guys. I think it turned out pretty well.

[​IMG]Closeup of the front

[​IMG]Passenger side

[​IMG]Rear

#688 djdawn, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    legoadan and yOsHi LiN like this.
  9. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Why the need for so many dash cams and radar? I am looking into doing front and rear camera but only for parking, which camera did you use up front?

Se

10. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was a victim of a hit and run ages ago where the dude hit me from behind and drove off. When I learned of dash cameras, I instantly bought two. The usage for a forward facing one is hopefully more apparent.

The radar detector is for long trips so I don't get caught doing 80 again. I know there are pros and cons ethically for this, but I chose to get it to hopefully save on ticket costs later on.

The camera I used for the front unfortunately is the wrong one and mirrors the image when I don't want it to, but I ordered this one to correct the issue: Front View Forward LED Light Camera for Car Parking Monitor Head Unit Stereos | eBay
    This one advertises non mirroring and should work for my purposes.

yOsHi LiN likes this.
  11. yOsHi LiN

yOsHi LiN Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i was lookin at the new bmw so i was bored nothing to do so i did it !!

hhahahah just put some very very very bright license cob leds !!!

Attached Files:

#691 yOsHi LiN, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
    OldNo7 likes this.
  12. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Same here, maybe time for a photo. Multiple, bright as all hell leds

Se

13. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    of all the money you guys are putting into your cars (and most of them barely noticeable emblems)...PLEASE for the love of gawd, put in some fog lights and take off those ugly incomplete looking plastic covers

=P

14. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Barely noticeable emblems? Unlike the completely worthless light output of the pretty ugly foglights? Lol

#694 mertechperformance, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  15. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd like fogs to fill in the blank spots, but reality is I know I'd never use them. If I could mount something else useful in its place I'd consider it.
    I also live in southern CA. Fog essentially never happens.

16. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Fog happens PRETTY MUCH EVERYDAY in San Diego, excuse me... "marine layer"

Se

17. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yellow fogs going in soon....but has nothing to do with SwhitePC's comment. ;)

OldNo7, djdawn and mertechperformance like this.
  18. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd go Yellow if I ever do, I may never buy em but I'm def watching multiple sets/kits on ebay as well as rakuten and maybe even amazon, needless to say, g's fender badging, technocraft mid spoiler and touring spoiler have trumped it.

Gotta say though, do not know about the yellow fogs on a habanero

#698 mertechperformance, Aug 13, 2015
  19. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    G's badging, and decals already done, starting to run out of mods.....:(

I thought the same, but I think it will look good.... I hope!

#699 orenji, Aug 13, 2015
    mertechperformance likes this.
  20. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've got TWO major wants left. then pretty much done. bags and wheels. on the fence about a trd lip kit... too much money for meh looks. Wish there was a more oem looking lip kit for half the price. or even 3/4 the price.

orenji likes this.