1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What have you done to your c today?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kingnba6, Nov 21, 2013.

1. yOsHi LiN

yOsHi LiN Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    [​IMG][​IMG]i dont know why i did this, but i guess nothin to do

SM-N920T ?

2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you planning on going and showing your car at Toyota Fest in Long Beach?

3. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Got around to installing the fogs from cheizy. I ended up pairing the projectors with the 6000k Philips' XtremeVision LED Fogs. Manufacturer link here if interested.
    X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamp 78719719 | Philips

[​IMG]Before shot. I had the cheapo ebay $60 fogs previously. Link if anyone is interested:
    2012 2014 Toyota Prius C Fog Lights Lamps Light Right Left Pair w Wiring Set | eBay
    They worked decently for filling the random fog blank space and mild DRLness, but not really useful as fogs.

[​IMG]Side by side shot of the cheapo ebay fogs and the cheizy projectors. The projectors stick out a bit more than the cheapos and take a minor bit of effort to squeeze into position because of the extra length, but once there they sat perfectly.

[​IMG]Backside shot. I wanted to make sure nothing got in the way of the heatsink or possible airflow path. The mounting points for the projectors were the same as the cheapo fogs, held in place by 3 tabs and 1 screw securing it.

[​IMG]Projector fogs installed.

[​IMG]Ignore my finger in the way, but shot onto garage at 5ft away. The picture is dull because it was taken at noontime, but shows the cutoff of the fogs vs the lowbeams. I still have to adjust the crookedness of the driverside fog light but otherwise not bad.

Still have to try out the new fogs at night and see how far and wide they shoot, but I'm liking the quality of cheizy's projectors. They had a decent amount of weight to them, likely from the solid glass lenses and the metal rear housing.

HelloHybrid and Blindhopes like this.
  4. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    DJDawn can you tell me more about the lights where you have your turn signals? Were those plug and play?

QUOTE="djdawn, post: 2303501, member: 126587"]Got around to installing the fogs from cheizy. I ended up pairing the projectors with the 6000k Philips' XtremeVision LED Fogs. Manufacturer link here if interested.
    X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamp 78719719 | Philips

[​IMG]Before shot. I had the cheapo ebay $60 fogs previously. Link if anyone is interested:
    2012 2014 Toyota Prius C Fog Lights Lamps Light Right Left Pair w Wiring Set | eBay
    They worked decently for filling the random fog blank space and mild DRLness, but not really useful as fogs.

[​IMG]Side by side shot of the cheapo ebay fogs and the cheizy projectors. The projectors stick out a bit more than the cheapos and take a minor bit of effort to squeeze into position because of the extra length, but once there they sat perfectly.

[​IMG]Backside shot. I wanted to make sure nothing got in the way of the heatsink or possible airflow path. The mounting points for the projectors were the same as the cheapo fogs, held in place by 3 tabs and 1 screw securing it.

[​IMG]Projector fogs installed.

[​IMG]Ignore my finger in the way, but shot onto garage at 5ft away. The picture is dull because it was taken at noontime, but shows the cutoff of the fogs vs the lowbeams. I still have to adjust the crookedness of the driverside fog light but otherwise not bad.

Still have to try out the new fogs at night and see how far and wide they shoot, but I'm liking the quality of cheizy's projectors. They had a decent amount of weight to them, likely from the solid glass lenses and the metal rear housing.[/QUOTE]

Blindhopes and Jon Senum like this.
  5. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You super quoted my post bud, but the turn signals were from Rakuten.
    Here is one guy that has them:
    revier | Rakuten Global Market: Aqua (NHP10) and Prius c LED 3D light bar with LED winker lens AQUA / turn signals
    Another guy via ebay, but for obnoxiously more:
    2012 2013 2014 Toyota Prius C Aqua NHP10 Front Turn Light Lamp 3D LED Lamp JDM | eBay
    There are options for smoked/clear cover, with blue/red/purple or white DRLs. I stuck with white DRLs because everything else begs to get pulled over.

The turn signal portion was plug and play without much effort. You do have to remove the socket that is in the oem turn reflector and transplant that into the new one, but it's not complicated at all. The DRL/white portion needs to be wired separately to give it power, and switch if you want it. I hooked mine into the DRL portion of my lip kit so the DRLs in the lip kit and the DRLs in the turn signals would come on at the same time. I put up a few backside shots of the turnsignals on page 38 of this thread if you're interested.

#805 djdawn, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    TC400 likes this.
  6. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Minor fixes

[​IMG]I had flickering in my driver side parking light. Turned out it looked burnt, so I ordered some replacements and waited.

[​IMG]Upon removing the passenger side bulb, it looked way baked and disintegrated. Glad I caught it in time.

[​IMG]Replaced with "Philips X-treme Vision LED" 6000K type bulbs. Link here: Amazon.com: Philips Xtreme Vision 360 LED W5W T10 194 168 (Pack of 2) (6000K): Automotive
    The bottom plug section felt like lacquered ceramic and far heavier and better quality than the hallow plastic ones I had before. The new bulbs definitely feel better made. Don't really have a shot of them on, but they're as bright as I expected they should be. I'm hoping since these aren't cheapo eBay bulbs they shouldn't need to replaced anytime soon.

Minor update, Chiezy's projector shots at night:[​IMG]The lights are crooked because of the way my driveway is setup, but the cutoff is mostly aligned now. Not sure what's up with the giant shadow on the bottom of the beam, the bulbs aren't HID types with the insulator being in the way. I'll have to figure something out or just live with it.

7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you using LED bulbs with a vertical circuit board between two bright LEDs? If so, that circuit board is probably what's causing the shadow.

8. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That could very well be the issue. The bulbs I used do face the LEDs left and right when installed, but I would assume the manufacturer would orient the LEDs in such a way that the mounting they are on wouldn't be an obstruction. Bulbs I used here: X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamp 78719719 | Philips
    With the low beams on and in the drivers seat, I can't see the fog shadow, but when I turn on my front parking camera I can clearly see it. I'm curious if the shadow would cause any passing police to look at my car strangely.

9. Christophers

Christophers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Jdm visors and re badged my car for now.

Attached Files:

djdawn likes this.
  10. Niko_PR

Niko_PR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    First post after a year being a member heh!
    Few things ive done to my 2013 C1:
    -factory painted side tail lights($80) cheaper than the plastic part sold on web
    -led reverse, license plate,city lights (orange led) , also orange led on the signal tail lights
    -got some black gloss housing smoked fog lights installed and felt like i had to tint the signal light so it would blend With vinyl tint (not same as window tint)
    -6000k projector headlight and fog lights
    -trunk delete emblems
    -i also changed the license plate legally from the short squared looking one to this one i got now!
    -removed all the stickers
    -roof racks only when im cruising with the board
    Enjoy!

Aproxamitly changing the high beamers, switch toyota emblems to vitz logos, higlander radio, speakers, few things i dont remember know ill keep in touch!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

#810 Niko_PR, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Blindhopes, 14PriusC-NH and djdawn like this.
  11. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looking Good!

Niko_PR likes this.
  12. Niko_PR

Niko_PR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I

13. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Installed Konig Heliums, saving about 5lbs per corner now. The new look is on the donuty side, but with the 15in MPG/ride quality vs the 17in aesthetics/cornering debate, performance/ride quality eventually won. Price was also a massive variable. Finally got around to installing the Yaris TRD rear sway bar and a set of Tanabe NF210 lowering springs as well.

[​IMG]Before shot for comparison.

[​IMG]New rims installed.
    I'm hoping it's not placebic, but as soon as I started driving I noticed acceleration has increased by a lot from standstill, as well as ability to brake. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of an MPG increase will be noticeable.

[​IMG]Shot of springs and sway bar installed. My car's tendency to nose dive while hard braking has gone down to ~20% from original nose diveness, and the car now sticks to the ground better at hard turns. It feels more enjoyable to drive on windy roads and less floaty on the giant circular on/off ramps on the freeway.

[​IMG]Passenger side install of XenonDepot LEDs, on a budget via help on this forum. Wasn't difficult at all to install, it was only strange because the rubber gaskets are a bit thicker than the oem and philips bulbs. Pushing a bit firmly than normal persuaded the bulbs to fit in properly.

[​IMG]Front shot of the projectors. If you look closely you can see the two LEDs that output the light @ 3 and 9. A moderate worry if you care about anyone looking for modified lights without opening the hood.

[​IMG]Fog shot for relative brightness.

[​IMG]Testing out the new LED Low beams

[​IMG]Finally high beams on. I like that the Philips xtremevisions are bright, but the mega yellow seems off when driving on wooded roads. Depending on how bright I can get them, I may opt for the ~6000K type halogens. On the C, the high beam bulb is easily visible at the front of the headlight. My fear is that LED, HID types would be easily noticeable if looking for them.

Blindhopes and yOsHi LiN like this.
  14. Nate28

Nate28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I couldn't stand the blue Toyota emblem background anymore so I got a small sheet of carbon fiber vinyl and covered them up. The front was easy. The rear however was a PITA!

Only about 10-15$ and 30+ minutes of my time to do. From afar the background appears black, but close it's carbon fiber.

Attached Files:

#814 Nate28, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Niko_PR and djdawn like this.
  15. 14PriusC-NH

14PriusC-NH New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Whatcha think?

Attached Files:

Slolane and Starbrand like this.
  16. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like you can bowl over a ton of zombies with that thing. I like it.
    I wonder if I'm the only one to notice the autobot emblem, my power nerd may be showing.

14PriusC-NH likes this.
  17. Nate28

Nate28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I decided to upgrade my uncomfortable C1 non-adjustable cloth grey front seats to C4 Adjustable Black Softex. I found a local pair in excellent condition for $200 ea.

Those C1 seats really did a number on my back for the past 30k miles. I'm 6'1" so I wanted the vertical adjust & firmer padding on the C4.

Unfortunately the SRS indicator light turned on after installing the new seats. A friend works at Toyota so I'll have him look at it.

Next up, C4 Black Softex Rear 60/40 bench seats, possibly heated seating in front too.

Attached Files:

#817 Nate28, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  18. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are those VW seats?

19. yOsHi LiN

yOsHi LiN Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    no there the c4 seat

orenji likes this.
  20. Christophers

Christophers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Installed the beat sonic reverse camera and changed my license plate bolts for the mc guard bolts since where I live people steal our inspection stickers. image.jpeg

orenji likes this.