1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I don't like about my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jomiku, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Smirv

Smirv AkA: Ryan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I dislike the small wheels/tires. I dislike the way the pkgs are setup when buying one. I dislike how easy the plastic scratches. I dislike how easy and noticeable it is to scratch/scuff the color black.

2. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I find the steering is two quick for me.I find myself continuously correcting to the point of over correcting.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree on the dead pedal. Our Camry had a large plastic dead pedal... not this tiny piece of vinyl that lets any snow and sand fall onto the floor instead of the rubber mats

4. mainerinexile

mainerinexile No longer in exile!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Why do we need this thread when we already have the sticky for suggested improvements for the Prius?

5. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What would it take for PriusChat to get measurements and pay the programming fee set up so we could get a real Dead Pedal cover? Could probably work a deal to sell these on the website... See e-mail reply below. I know how bad that little strip of carpet will look in a few months. These guys make a great pedal cover and It has a flange that will return over the carpet.

Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate your interest in our products.

Could you please let us know how you found out about Ultimate Pedals?

No problem to make a footrest pedal for your 2010 Toyota Prius.

We do not have any information about the Prius footrest, but it is not a problem to design/manufacture one.

Would it be possible to get a photo or sketch with dimensions of the
    footrest:

1) height
    2) width at the bottom (assuming a triangular shape)

Pricing would be identical to our Toyota Corolla pedals pricing plus a one time $25 setup/programming fee.

Please click on the following link to see our Corolla products (select a product then scroll down for finish options with pricing):

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=149_151

Custom engraving/emblem pocketing cost is $15 per pedal for standard artwork in our database.

Non standard artwork/emblem pocketing, like initials or custom artwork, will cost an additional one time setup/programming fee of $25 or more (depending on the complexity).

If you would like to proceed with the order simply order the Corolla pedals that you would like, but specify your Prius and any engraving/emblem pocketing during the checkout process when you are asked to indicate year, make, and model.

We will then match the pedals for your Prius instead of the Corolla when we manufacture your order, and charge your card any/the extra amount before we ship your order.

Please let us know if you require any additional information.

No questions asked money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the fit or finish.

Don't settle for "One Size Fits All" pedals.

Have a great day!

Rob Baylor
    www.ultimatepedals.com
    [email protected]
    (561) 798-6588 Phone
    (561) 798-6994 Fax

6. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    FYI...I was about to post this on the After market forum when I saw this thread on the Main Forum today...I think this should be moved to the After market Forum anyway.

You know what...If you want something done...

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice! I'd get a set for the accelerator and brake pedals too! A bit pricey but if it's real aluminium, maybe we can get a group buy?

8. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I addition to myself I now know two people who responed to the new thread on the Accessory forum who are interested. I think Prius Chat should work with Ultimate pedals to design since you can get several metal patterns and even a logo stamp. If I picked something others might not like but if Prius Chat designed it then I think most would be happy to live with what was arrived at to save the $50.00 set up fee. I would love to purchase through PriusChat once it is set up...My vote is for the one with the Flange that returns down the side completely covering the carpet.

9. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can't believe no one has mentioned what I think is BY FAR THE WORST flaw with this car. That is the height to which the hatch lifts. It lifts so high that it hits the roll-up garage door. I already have a couple of nicks on the spoiler courtesy of this feature. We either have to close the garage before unloading the back of the car, back it into the garage, or hold on with one hand while unloading with the other.

I also miss my auto headlights. Memory seats would be a plus as well.

BornPriiOrDie likes this.
  10. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't think that is universal, though. My garage door is just high enough that the spoiler does NOT hit it. I actually like that it opens so high, as it's much easier to lean in to load stuff without worrying about smacking your head on it.

1 person likes this.
  11. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmm. You must have a pretty tall door. I'm sure mine is standard height plus it's a roll-up which makes it even taller when opened (as compared to a conventional hinged door). I know it's a fairly common problem because I've seen at least a couple of threads on it. One guy even fashioned a rope or something to restrict the lift.

12. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a standard 2 car garage built in the 1950s with the typical "roll-up" garage door... the one with panels like most people. There's barely a 1" gap between the opened garage door and the rear spoiler...very close. I remember my G2 at a lot more clearance to the point that it never worried me, but oh well.

13. Eoin

Eoin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Very few people park in their garages where I live. The garage is used for storage of (friends) stuff.

14. Smirv

Smirv AkA: Ryan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I definitley have some scuff marks on my spoiler when I pulled into my garage with the trunk open.....:mad:

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I always back into my garage (Prius is in EV so don't have to worry about exhaust filling the garage) so I never have an issue with the door. I'm sure it'll clear it if I drive in forward... I'll have to try some day.

16. jomiku

jomiku New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    To add to my original list: I think the inside seat bolster on the driver's side should be a little bigger because I find myself sliding off at an angle.

The point is that I think it's a really good car, especially for the money. It's quiet and drives reasonably well - like all Toyotas, meaning you point it without a lot of road feel. It's been comfortable on trips. I might add that I think the center console compartment could be better, but I'm not sure exactly how. I don't like how the cup holder sits right in the way of my arm. I wish there was one more climate settings, one directed up and to the head instead of just to the feet and head or up and to the feet. It's like that one is missing and it's the one I want when it's muggy and hot and I need to defrost while cooling myself.

I live in Boston and don't notice radio problems. I don't care much about having 3 doors open by proximity though it would be nice. It's a little annoying that you have to pay to get a USB port instead of an aux one. But that's the way it goes.

17. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Since I've gotten a few things like backup beeps taken care of, I'd say about the only thing left that I am unhappy with about my car is the Navigation system. I think it is very poor, especially for an $1800 price tag.

18. heijx

heijx New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, poor rear visibility and the incredibly vague fuel/range calculation bug me the most.
    I cannot understand how my Prius yells at me to refill when I have driven 550 to 600 km with an average consumption of 4,6 l/100. Allowing for 5 l (100 km) of reserve, I should be able to cover 850 km easily. Instead, terrorized by the flashing "empty" bip I pull into the nearest filling station and I have to really try very hard to add more than 36 litres to it. Come on, Toyota!!!

19. Oibm

Oibm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

I completely agree with you. The inside plastic is very delicate and scratches easily. My passenger door has some scratches because passengers release the seat belt and the metallic portion of it when touching the door scratches it. Otherwise, extremely happy with my Prius

20. cbo111

cbo111 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After nearly 29,000 miles in my 2010, I still find this to be a difficult car to park. Maybe because I can't see the nose of the vehicle??
    cbo