1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I hate about my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by n2y2, Jul 10, 2006.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where is the MUTE button???
    With soooooo many buttons on the steering wheel, there is no MUTE button. Argh!

I would combine a MUTE button also for the microphone, so that when using the handsfree with cellphone, you could press MUTE to temporarily cancel the microphone.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't there a "HOLD" feature for the bluetooth?

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jul 10 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]283969[/snapback]</div>
    On my 2007 the fog lights are independent of the headlights.

I would like to have a mute switch in the steering wheel for the radio.

I hate that the door panel switches don't have lights, for at night. Actually there is only one on the driver's door that is lit, it's for the Auto button.

I also hate how dim the steering wheel lights are. It should adjustable with the dash lights.

And I hate how the glove box stays lit up too. Does an on/off door switch really cost that much for Toyota?

4. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't like how, if have the windshelf defroster on and turn it off with the steering wheel button, the Auto A/C turns on and you then have to turn that off. Why can't the defroster simply turn off when you want it to without turning the A/C on?

5. troe

troe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n2y2 @ Jul 10 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]283808[/snapback]</div>
    There are a few things I would change, But nothing I hate. This is the most fun car I have ever owned.
    :lol:

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Nov 1 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]341777[/snapback]</div>
    Are you in the US??

Also, pressing and holding MODE on the wheel toggles the radio on/off

The glovebox diagram on the service manual indicated a switch, says Danman, but as you've noticed, it still stays on lol.

7. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Nov 1 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]341912[/snapback]</div>
    Yes I am in the U.S., California actually. I know about how to turn on/off the radio on the steering wheel but a mute button would be nice. Sounds like the service manual is wrong then because there is no glovebox switch.

8. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just discovered about the fog lights is that while there is a separate switch for them, the fog lights can't be turned on without the headlights being on. So I guess I was wrong before, sorry.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    What I hate? I'm 6'5 and it aint the legroom. So I don't get that.
    What I hate? That way too many SUV drivers that I know bag on it, as though the Prius somehow threatens them.

10. Black2006

Black2006 Member

:angry:

What I hate?

The damned functions control lock while the car is moving!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!
    This is my first Toyota product, I love the concept, but I don't think I could buy another one if they would lock me out like that. Did I say I HATE IT?!!!!!!

On a much calmer note, there should be a way to chose a BT phone connection without navigating so deep into the menus. Two phones in a car are common enough (two passengers = two phones, get it?) and there should be a one button solution to choosing which phone connects to the Prius.

Also, why skimp on the second mike for the passenger? There are holes for it, it looks like there is one, but it's missing! So if your passenger is the softer-speaking type, they need to shout.

Finally, why a foot emergency brake? This is not your grandpa's Olds, is it now? It's in the way of those with longer limbs, and I can imagine what it would do to one's legs in a crash....

Overall like the car though:) Great technology, and having gone back to more aggressive driving now, it gets about 39 mpg (I live in the hills.)

11. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2006 @ Nov 3 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]343065[/snapback]</div>
    Remember they also make left hand drive vehicles. They make the other mic holes for left hand drive cars when they relocate the mic to that spot. Granted there should be two mics as it doesn't raise the price of the car by that much. But neither does having a glove block light switch, which Toyota didn't do to save on costs. Sometimes the Japanese need to think like Amercians to sell a product in our market.

12. lovemyprius05

lovemyprius05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n2y2 @ Jul 10 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]283808[/snapback]</div>

13. lovemyprius05

lovemyprius05 New Member

Most of the luxuries that I enjoyed in a Toyota Avalon I willingly give up for fuel efficiency: electric seat adjustment, headroom, legroom, etc. I don't want to be able to pop the hatch from the driver's seat. :D

However...I agree with complaints about the center console being covered in valour. I have a leather package, but the area that gets the most wear and tear is not leather--it's valour. Covering the console in leather wouldn't effect the mpg at all. Go figure. Also, I agree with the complaint about the dash surface. It's smooth where it should be textured and vice versa. I have to work like crazy to keep fingerprints off the dash and now have two ugly lines on the glove compartments where the paint has rolled off and the undercoat is shining through. ugh :angry: Does anyone have a suggestion for a paint that will cover this? And, what do you folks use to clean the display surfaces?

14. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lovemyprius05 @ Nov 3 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]343112[/snapback]</div>

Do you have factory leather, or dealer-added? My '06 Prius with package #8 has leather on the center console, not velour.

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2006 @ Nov 3 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]343065[/snapback]</div>
    You haven't discovered the Lockout Override yet?

16. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]343156[/snapback]</div>
    The lockout override does not work on '06 or '07 vehicles.

17. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ah. I hadn't actually tried any of the overrides (yet), because I like to be reminded that I'm backing up, and I have yet to need to change something that's no changable when the car's in motion while the car has been in motion. But that's just me, I could see how both of those could annoy other folks.

18. lovemyprius05

lovemyprius05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Nov 3 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]343126[/snapback]</div>
    Factory Leather. Mine is an '05, so perhaps they corrected this on the '06. All the more reason we should make our complaints heard.

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lovemyprius05 @ Nov 5 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]344255[/snapback]</div>
    05s didn't come with factory leather. It's more likely it's port-installed leather.

For 2006, factory leather is an option which includes the wheel, armrests and centre console box lid.

20. clarkeb

clarkeb New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Nov 5 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]344257[/snapback]</div>
    The wheel? I don't think so.