1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I hate about my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by n2y2, Jul 10, 2006.

1. stumpy_c

stumpy_c New Member

Only two complaints here (so far)...

The seat should have a height adjustment. I'm 6'4" and I have to almost lay down to feel like my head is at a normal position to see out of the windscreen.

The velour on the armrest is craptastic.

2. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holytechie @ Aug 25 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]309449[/snapback]</div>
    I have an 07 with 1k miles and see the green at the end of a 20 mile drive. Used to get in the car and it would be at half blue alot but we were keeping both key fobs real close to the car at night and I think it was eating up some juice with the car communicating with the fobs. Since we moved them away every night its 3/4's blue now when I get in. Only saw the one purple bar once after the kid who tinted my car left the radio on for a long time. The car did not like that and made some weird buzzing sounds up front for a while (not the brake booster pump buzz but something else.) I wonder if the charging ability on the hybrid pack is getting a little old?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 19 2007, 11:22 PM) [snapback]515099[/snapback]</div>

Its a weird deal and very noticeable. I have asked other Prius owners at my job who bought new and they do not have this problem. The wheel alignment is perfect in that it does not pull one way or the other or shimmy but if you let the wheel go whatever the last input to the wheel was no matter how minute thats the way it wanders. Like its way to tight. I noticed it the very first instant I drove the car. I can't remember where that one guy posted an extremely long post about it referring to the many cars he's owned but I have the exact problem. Never seen a car like it. Even my pick up truck is better. I wonder if its the tire inflation? I have not messed around at all with it but will tomorrow. I have been sick so not able to install my BT plate either. Hoping to feel better enough to do it all tomorrow. Still love the car though.

4. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "Hate" is a strong word, so I won't use it, especially on the Prius, it is...a wonderful car.
    Being, below "average" size, of 5' 1/2", I have gotten use to sitting on an extra cushion for a more comfortable height, so I can see over the steering wheel instead of through the steering wheel, on the cars that don't have the tilt steering wheel adjustments.
    Even in my '95 Benz, which I no longer drive anymore, (gave it to my husband to enjoy) the electric seat adjustment was still not high enough for me. So, when I was shopping for a new car, hoping to get a car with the "perfect" seat height adjustment, which the Camry had, yet decided on a Prius, I knew I had to use my seat cushion again.
    What I find, a safety issue, now that I have driven 10K miles on the car...is that the front pillars are too wide, along with the side-view mirrors, being at the height I am sitting, my view is blocked by both when I drive on the winding, curvy roads, I can't see what's in front of me on my left as I turn with the road. The worse is, of course, at night. I was hoping that by now, I would have gotten use to it, but I have not. :(

5. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AOV @ Sep 23 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]516503[/snapback]</div>
    To some extent, the rearview mirror can be raised. It's on an arm, and grabbing the mirror and lifting it up can give an you an inch or more.

6. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Sep 23 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]516508[/snapback]</div>
    It's not my rear-view mirror, its the side-view mirror....between the pillars and the mirror, its a big, big blind spot! Actually, I have no issues with the rear-view mirror, in fact....being that I have a "no package", no camera option....I see no need for it at all! I can see perfectly what's behind me as I am backing up.
    It's what's in front of me, to my left, that is the problem on these country winding roads...and those who walk their dogs (that is what backyards are for), and those who just want to walk. It's an accident waiting to happen....and I just hope it never does.

7. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hmmm <_<

lemme think :unsure:

Nope :blink:

can't think of anything

8. ccr11395

ccr11395 New Member

The cupholders

9. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ccr11395 @ Sep 24 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]516869[/snapback]</div>
    The Plastic on the Cupholders and the door on the dash.

Hard to keep clean..... The Thing I hate Most, The Seats....
    I took a few long trips ( 7-8 Hours ) and my back was hurting.
    Never noticed before until the long trips.

10. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wish there was a fan speed control on the steering wheel. It's a pain to have to use the MFD just to change the fan speed up or down one notch.

Also no power seat option?!?

11. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have only one complaint so far, and its about other drivers. I really really HATE how they've decided they NEED to tailgate me, even if I'm speeding. I really don't want to have to kick someone's butt for running into me if I have to stop, but I will if it comes to it.

:)

12. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lass @ Sep 27 2007, 01:17 AM) [snapback]518331[/snapback]</div>
    Depending what time of day, I chose the roads to travel on, the ones less traveled on during mid-morning hours, so I can do my pulse&glide without having to go the road speed limit. So, as I turn onto this road (45mph limit), and as I look both ways, in the distance I see another Prius waiting at a red light. So, I figured, that if I stay 43 and less, with the slight downward sloping road, I can achieve my pulse and glide very well, and the other Prius probably would not catch up to me, being that it is a Prius, and (he/she) would be doing the same thing. Boy, was I wrong....in a matter of moments....the other Prius was behind me. That Prius was going over 45mph, and obviously had no intention of doing the pulse and glide. It was an elderly lady, this I know because, that is how close she got to me. I was not going to budge. Finally, she did turn off the road to go another direction. Hmm...maybe she does not know much about her Prius. <_<

13. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sparkyAZ @ Sep 27 2007, 12:46 AM) [snapback]518326[/snapback]</div>
    My presumption is that it's a weight-saving choice by Toyota. Still, there are seats that are manually adjustable at many points, which I don't think weigh that much more than the &@$@)% Prius seats.

14. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AOV @ Sep 27 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]518405[/snapback]</div>
    I am sure she is probably one of the 'casual' Prius driver rather than an enthusiast who is as obsessive-compulsive about squeezing every last drop of Fuel economy such as yourself... ;)

To each their own...

15. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Sep 14 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]512658[/snapback]</div>
    Then you are easily satisfied. I would look over your Prius a little more closely. There are many things Toyota could have done better on the Prius.

16. wardo

wardo Wardo

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarge @ Sep 19 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]514831[/snapback]</div>
    I don't believe this is a phone issue. I have the same problem. The Prius will suddenly drop the Bluetooth connection but the phone stays connected to the call. Another time, as I was driving down the highway I saw the caller ID flash the caller's phone number on the MFD on an incoming call (which it isn't supposed to do if you're in motion) and the Bluetooth connection was lost at that point. I can disable and re-enable Bluetooth on the phone but the Prius can't find the device unless I turn off the car and turn it back on again.

Does anyone know if this problem happens when the Lockpick device is installed? I don't have one but was considering buying one.

17. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This falls under the heading of "annoying" rather than "hate": why is it that, if the front defroster is on, pressing the defrost button on the steering wheel again turns on the Auto A/C? It should just turn the defroster off.

18. airphoto

airphoto New Member

terrible seating position for me, 6'1". I am looking out of the top 10% of the windshield and with the seat all the way back, I don't have enough leg room. I have had an MGB, EType Jag, Porsche 997, Subaru, Honda, VW GTI and they all had seats I could adjust comfortably.....come on Toyota.

19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airphoto @ Nov 29 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]545722[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm, your legs must be way short for your height. At 6'-5" there's no issue for me. Waist / Inseam size 36-36. So the pedals are more than within reach . . . even after I mod'ed the seat mounting brackets to go back another 1.5"

20. ezbngrn

ezbngrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've only had my car for a month but the only thing that irks me is that the "Smart key does not unlock all of the doors. So if I have a passenger I have to unlock their door manually. Also if I need to open the rear passenger side door I have to get out the key or unlock it from the inside. The passenger side at least I can put my hand on the front door handle and it unlocks all of the doors.. Anyone else annoyed by this?