1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I think about the new Chevy Cruze.

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by That_Prius_Car, Nov 3, 2010.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wait til the rattles start.:cool:

2. chevyguy1985

chevyguy1985 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I sell the Chevy Cruze... well that is when I have one. It is a total knockout hit!!! What a terrific little car. I have sold all types of cars from toyota to honda to nissan to ford and chrysler. Everyone I have shown the car to has been impressed. EVERYONE, even my Uncle who is in total love with the Toyota lineup said "Well that will make toyota wake up, its nice" Toyotas are burned up junk as far as im concerned, I had a customer come in and beg me to help him trade his corolla for a cruze simply because his wife didnt feel safe. Toyota has the records for : Most cars recalled ever. The most complaints: ever. and its a personal opinion, but the most boring design ever. Once again GM is back to the top where they belong. Yes the older cars sucked worse than almost any other car, but it has changed. NOONE has the OnStar package or anything truly comparable. And for those of you who think toyotas are perfect and really reliable you are absolutely right. from the early 2000's to 2006 toyota mad GREAT cars, but then they got gready and wanted to overtake GM, and they started cutting corners, maybe one day toyota will come up with a original and stop copying GM and Honda and Nissan. I would take a NISSAN before any toyota. I had a supra before and it was a pile of junk, looked cool, but the motor blew twice, and the A/C was never working. Not to mention all the sqeaks and rattles... ugh. Good job GM on the Cruze its a car Americans can be proud of, that is as soon as they stop acting like a bunch of toddlers and let stuff go. BTW, yes GM had financial issues, but so did toyota.... you think we are the only one that needed a bailout..... and when I say we, I mean us as a American Company.... and before you start rambling on about money this and money that... ask your self this, have I ever used a credit card, ever got a loan, ever short selled my house. Its easy to point the finger at a big company and say oh your so bad... but look in the mirror.

3. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    By any chance, is Las Vegs in "fly-over country?"

4. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    People are easily scared and make poor choices when under irrational fear.
    Speaking of rambling. A better comparison is have I ever had a credit score of 400 no money to my name, huge debt and work at mcdonalds and asked for a loan? Answer is no.

For Toyota I agree, the lineup is very, very boring. It's even worse than Honda for pete's sake.

Overall Toyota quality still trumps GM, though.

I did take home some positive points about your post, however. I'd be interested to drive a 6 speed manual Cruze to see how it really is.

5. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree about Toyota's line being very boring now. The Yaris has been the same for about 6 years now. Camry has been the same for about 5 years, as for the Tundra and other things. If I had to pick an American (non-hybrid) car to drive though, I'd choose either the Ford Fiesta, Chevy Aveo, and maybe the Chevy Cruze ECO. Like I was telling other people about the Cruze, I told them that GM is in the right direction. The Cruze is an "okay" car. A LOT better than the Cobalt. I was just suprised that I've seen 4 Chevy Cruze's and all of them had rust spots in the same place.

6. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Being boring is obviously--and I mean this literally--part of Toyota's deliberate marketing demographic, though. The Supra was a good car. I have no idea if it made money but if I made a nickel each time somebody mentioned it coming back I'd be rich.

Even the Toyota commercials literally beg consumers "If you're a very boring family person and do not care about cars, buy this Camry." There is nothing wrong per se with that demographic. I don't care about clothes, for example. But that's how it is.

7. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just because you're a parent, doesn't mean you have to be lame.

The target for Toyota's current ads is the parents or the kids?

8. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those are the worst freaking commercials ever. Sad as sin that there are people who'd watch that and actually buy a Highlander because some curly 5 year old in a commercial so tweaked their fragile self-esteem.

9. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Toyota lineup is boring until you take that Camry V6 and make a racer out of it. You just gotta get creative. Plus, people who actually know cars will appreciate that Camry because you are getting that power, reliability, and subtle style.

[​IMG]

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i has never short selled a house. but if i does, i'll be sure to use the money to buys a chevy.;)

11. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not sure either, but this specific case it may not matter. The trim could easily have looked fine until exposure to the elements.