1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What icons are they?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Salamander_King, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I have owned my 2017 PRIME Premium for over two years. I was going through some old pictures I took and found this. I don't remember ever seeing those icons on MID (Multi-Information-Display) on my car, but this photo was taken off from my car almost two years ago, shortly after purchasing the car.

I looked up the manual, but could not find what those icons (orange arrows) are for. I think they are the icons from 11.6 inch display menu screen, but I don't see them on MID like the photo when I hit MENU on the display. Do you know if they no longer show-up this way, but once did?

icon.png

#1 Salamander_King, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    They have always been there. Swipe up from the bottom of the big screen.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, "Swipe UP" ! Thanks. OK, I will try that later when I get to the car. So, what are those ICONS on MID do? Is there any special functions or is it just a display telling me that I "swept up" the screen?

#3 Salamander_King, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  4. illumiN8i

illumiN8i Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I guess it's so you can see what you're swiping without looking down, but it seems useless to me. I disabled it in the settings. Page 187 of the manual:
    upload_2019-9-20_15-3-42.png

barbaram and Salamander_King like this.
  5. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Aha! That's it. Early on, I had the display in default mode, but soon I got so annoyed with all the pop-ups, I too disabled everything I can disable. That's why I no longer see them (although I don't even remember ever seeing them before). Mystery solved.

Thank you.