1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What if... (Read and Opin at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan-Wolfe @ Oct 10 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]330655[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

Ok for real a min of 1000 MOAB's dropped ASAP. And who side we have to feed those people? Were you naively thinking that those who dropped the bomb on us would feed us, or was this reverse prejudice thing? “Their Americans so they can feed themselves and have to feed us." That is just pure fertilizer. We have been taught that we are somehow better then other countries because we are civil, and compassionate. Well all things in moderation. We should not try to support everyone! What we should do is keep busy at making ourselves safe from all enemies foreign and domestic. I bet if we put tracking devices on our cars and trigger an automatic speeding ticket every time the speed limit was violated we would loose much of or revenue in a very short time. Imagine that no more speeding because there is always an inevitable response.

Think about it, if we were ever stupid enough to launch a nuke against the former USSR we would have been hit ten fold. We knew that and we did not strike. Now most likely if we did such a dumb thing we would be hit with one back.. However we don’t do such a dumb thing because we are not a warring nation. We do want peace but that can not be obtained it we let down our guard as we did these past decades. Now we have everyone running all over our military, embassies, and our people abroad. A speedy overwhelming response is the only thing that will protect our masses. Look, I don’t want to be the world’s police force. I just want to sleep at night knowing that if anything ever happens like this to my or my loved ones, that the rest of the country would be protected from it ever happening again. The U.S. did too little after the Hostages back in the 80’s and too little after the U.S.S. Cole was blown up in Yemen and look what it got us.
    A speedy overwhelming response would have stopped a lot of what has happened since then.

:D

2. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Call Jack Bauer and schedule a news conference for the next day.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Oct 10 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]330678[/snapback]</div>

I think you have a real point here. I would be courious as to how the Chinese would react to this. Your point also has foward looking aspects to it for countries like Iran. Nice job.

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

This could have been a tinder box. I am very proud of everyone here. We can't take ourselves too seriously.

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Oct 10 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]330714[/snapback]</div>
    Too true. We may not agree on the right solution (if such an animal even exists), but we can certainly discuss it reasonably. Too often topics that have the potential for some good, sound debate degenerate into partisan mudslinging.

Politics in general isn't simple and it isn't black/white. There are multiple shades of gray. As long as you make a rational argument for what you believe and don't belittle my argument, I'll respect what you have to say, regardless of whether we see eye-to-eye or not.

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd head out to my ranch in Texas, cut some brush, and energize the base with the threat of atheist, flag-burning, married homos making us all sing the national anthem in Spanish.

That should distract us, at least temporarily, from the real issues at hand.

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Oct 10 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]330714[/snapback]</div>
    Explain please?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 10 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]330739[/snapback]</div>
    I am assuming that you as Madam President of the US of A would then move on to the next topic of the day as several thousand American citizens are buried and mourned?

8. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 10 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]330742[/snapback]</div>
    Sometimes people take this stuff too seriously and take things personally. That has not happened here. We are all just discussing the issue at hand and having fun doing so. Nobody gets hurt feelings and I think that is great. :D

Example;
    I could say I prefer Coke over Pepsi and that would start some Pepsi folk to think I said Coke is better so people who drink Pepsi are dumb even though that is not what I said. Then someone would chime in with do you know how bad Coke and Pepsi are for you. Then someone else would get mad because they would think that they meant people who drink Coke or Pepsi are dumb. Then another would chime in how more Democrats drink Coke and that we should not support Pepsi because they have ties to Republicans. As that all spirals out of control, I lose interest and read elsewhere. That has not happened and I think your all great because of it.

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 10 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]330670[/snapback]</div>
    Each means has an appropriate time and place. In the case of a nuclear attack diplomacy isn't an option that should be considered. After NoKo was neutralized then diplomacy with the neighbors would be in order such that the new gov't installed could operate in a fashion that would be open and fair and monitioring would, likely, be in the hands of the neighboring countries with some US oversight.

10. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think we could bomb them back into the stone age without using a nuke. A country who detonates a nuke on our soil has to be taken out. No diplomacy, no mercy. Any other response is inviting annihilation.

11. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 10 2006, 05:51 AM) [snapback]330524[/snapback]</div>
    I'm surprised I haven't heard the two extremes I expected:

"We must try to understand what we did to deserve this, as surely no one would do this unless they were a victim of American imperialism."

or

"Start nuking the 'usual suspects' until someone fesses up!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Me, I'm not so sure what could be done after the fact. Without some kind of evidence, we could not retaliate. We could move to strengthen defenses, but playing "catch up" would take a while.

12. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Oct 10 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]331019[/snapback]</div>
    It is kind of a nuke DNA. Google "nuclear bomb fingerprinting†The same way we know what kind of elements are in a sun by the light it gives off. It is just science.