1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is it with firsts?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HTMLSpinnr, Jun 4, 2009.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It's no secret now that my car was first in the state and entire Mountain region (as claimed by my dealer's website Avondale Toyota).

Yesterday my dad called me up to tell me he traded his black 2006 Prius Pkg 2 for a 2010 Prius IV w/ NAV in Silver/Misty Gray. His dealer told him it was the first 2010 sold at that dealer in Redlands. They had 4 on the lot (rest were II and III's), and his happened to be the one they put all the balloons/stickers on inside the showroom.

He's already loving the addition of the backup camera and has already gotten out of the car and forgotten to turn it off! Dooh!

Score +1 for the family Prius score! :lol:

2. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    LOVE being first also :D

3. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats! :D
    I will be picking up my car today and will be the first in New Hampshire!

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Steve!

5. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Rick!
    I'm sure your Dad will love his new car. My Dad hates Japanese cars, but he's up from Florida on Monday and I'll be seeing him on Tuesday. So we'll see how he likes it, compared to his Buick LeSabre land yacht. :D

6. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :rofl:Sounds just like my dad, except his boat of choice is a Grand Marquis. Wait til he sees that my Prius has more rear leg room than his tank.

7. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hmm. Was I first in Illlinois? First in the Chicago region?

I don't know! I think I was second nationally (by a day!!) for the honor of first Prius V w/ AT.

Oh well, at least I was first with the illuminated door sills! (Rick: You're just a tough act to follow!)

Chances are much better that I'll be the first 2010 owner with a ding in his hood (to match the one in his head).

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just wanted to be the first with "off the dealer lot":

• mph vs MPG chart
    • hill climb data
    • run out of gas data (not sure about this one, yet)
    The next versions will use straight gas and incorporate tire pressure and getting the oil level right. I also want to detail map the fastest, sustained speed up a 6% grade.

BTW, I soon realized that 'being first' with a Prius involves a lot more than we or even the dealer have control of. The regional group and things beyond anyone's control (ships!) have a lot to do with it.

Bob Wilson

9. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Have not gotten mine yet but I should be the first on the west side of I79 south of Jane Lew and north of Weston in West Virginia. You guys do realize there are people with Prii who don't know PriusChat even exists?

10. DLJ

DLJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    So, that puts you in the Jackson's Mill area? (Used to live at BenDale a long time ago). Where are you getting your Prius from? I bought an 09 from University in Morgantown in Jan.

11. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yep. Buckhannon Toyota. I've bought several Toyota's there and Kip treats me right.

12. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Me, my Dad and my 2 friends were all the first at their dealers to 'order' the 2010 starting early as last September... Unfortunately my dads will not be delivered with mine next week. They said that there just was not enough cars on the first ship into Newark to 'grab' the exact one my dad wanted but they claim definitely on the second ship... Same thing with my 2 friends. Funny thing is my dad only wanted a Black II. Shocked they couldnt get one first boat to come in.

13. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well looks like I was the first in New England to get my Prius II.
    I spent a lot of time with it. Put up a review on the driving impressions thread.
    I'm a bit unhappy that the car doesn't glide at all. I thought it would glide as much as a 2009, but it's significantly less.
    It's good to be first sometimes. :D

14. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for that quick review and write-up.

I don't quite understand your issue with glide, however. I've not had the same difficulty you are describing, but who's to say it won't show up on mine later. Would you be able to describe what is making it so much more difficult? I'd like to know if my car has any of the same issues.

15. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You're welcome :) sorry it was such a hasty review.

My issue with glide is this. I drove a 2009 Prius a while back. I was cruising at about 45 pm and that particular road ends after it slows to 35 for a bit. My foot off the gas and the car in D and it coasted for what seemed like forever. The Gen III however when you take your foot off the gas it doesn't coast like that not even down an incline. It actually feels like the brakes are slightly on.
    I don't know if it's the brand new brakes which do feel a bit grabby, or if it's something else. But the car definately slows down fairly quickly and doesn't seem to like to coast.
    I'm not sure if I can describe it any better than that. I haven't even seen another 2010 yet, so I don't know if it's just mine or not. I think the brakes are self adjusting so I doubt that's it. If I has someone to compare it with that would help.
    I mean this isn't something I can screw up ;) you take your foot off the gas and it coasts. It will do great coasting IF I put it in neutral. But otherwise it seems like it has a drag on it somehow.
    Any ideas?

16. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What you are describing is not normal. Are you sure you've been putting the car in D, and not B?

17. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  18. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i think you need to start a new group on PC
    next to the white prius owners
    you need to have a THE FIRST 2010 owners group

19. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes positive and I did try B and wow did that really brake the car. I think the brakes are grabbing when they shouldn't. But there isn't any way for me to compare to another car.

20. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    When you lift your foot off the gas pedal, regenerative braking starts during the coast. Try this: After you lift your foot off the gas pedal, put it back on there exerting gentle pressure. This is called "feathering" by some. That should stop the braking effect and allow you to coast further.