1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is MOA 110W0R on a service report?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by TwoUnderPar, Mar 2, 2013.

1. TwoUnderPar

TwoUnderPar Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I tried the search function here but got no results.

I have been looking at service and maintenance records of late model Prii with the idea of buying one. There is a 2010 Prius II in western Illinois that has had the oil/filter/service all done by the dealer each time, and on a very regular schedule.

Every time there has been an oil change, the record shows; 1 filter element, 5 quarts of 0w-20 motor oil and another entry of MOA 110W0R in the amount of 1 quart. What is this?

Thanks.

2. MacsVoltage

MacsVoltage Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This is called dealer additional mark up. Seriously this is a very good product made and or distributed by BG Products as an oil supplement, designed to reduce friction and wear. Though the product is beneficial it is not required by Toyota. It is often recommended by various dealers and independent repair shops that carry BG Products. Hope this helps. "Mac"

3. TwoUnderPar

TwoUnderPar Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Mac.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    One thing: to bring the oil level up to the top mark on dipstick requires maybe 4.4 US quarts. And they're charging for 5 quarts oil plus one quart of the supplement?

Fwiw, with slightly bigger liters in Canada, where the spec is 4.2 liters to bring it to the full mark, I get by with 4.0 liters.

5. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is an oil additive called BG MOA. It supplements the dealer's balance sheet.

iPhone ?

6. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Gallons are bigger in Britain, but I'm pretty sure the liter is the same everywhere :)

7. TwoUnderPar

TwoUnderPar Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yep. When it was shown on the maintenance record, it was 5 quarts oil and 1 quart MOA. Assuming they did not overfill, they would have had both oil and MOA left over for the next car. Profit supplement indeed!

OIL 0W20 5
    GASKET 9043012028 1
    REPLACEABLE ELEMENT 04152YZZA6 1
    MOA 110WOR 1

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well I meant a liter is slightly bigger than a quart. Yeah, I know, came out disjointed.

ftl likes this.