1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the highest average MPG your car claimed?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Wanderer, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Driving home today I decided to see how high I could push my average trip a trip meter mpg after a fill up. I got it to 64.3 mpg and yes I realize it won't last but it was amusing to try. To do this within traffic would cause major problems but on back roads with no one to complain it was an interesting experiment. This was in Eco mode not forcing EV.
    W

2. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    73.4 for 676 miles 2005 pruis summer time in wisconsin Enjoy your car they are great!

3. agilityv

agilityv New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I filled the other day, drove side streets four miles home, and had 84.7 mpg when I pulled in the garage. Also stayed in eco mode, but I really worked pulse and glide all the way home. I kidded my wife, the primary driver of the our v, about how easy it is to get good gas mileage. (We usually average in the low to mid 40's)

4. 2sk21

2sk21 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For one of my tanks of gas during the recent heat wave, I saw an indicated 49.6 MPG which turned to be an actual 46.8MPG.

5. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Wanderer – I have done 60s to 70s, and even 80s Average MPG-FE numbers out-of-the-chute after topping off my fuel tank, and mostly held them there for an extended and goodly amount of miles and time. However, after a few shutdowns and gas-gulping “Cold†restart MPG-Killers, the numbers start heading south. I do my best to limit their southward travel to keep them in the neighborhood of the mid-50s.

So far, with “Hybrid Friendly†warm weather and no to very minimal use of the HVAC Air Conditioner/Heater, I have been able to keep my stealthy Magnetic Gray Metallic beauty delivering a bankable 55-56 Average MPG displayed in the MID readout in “Around Town†driving. Of course to continue to do so, I am humpin’ hard at driving her “Hybrid $mart.â€

FYI: I run in the ECO Mode full-time, with occasional “intelligent†use the EV Mode to move the car to keep the ICE-Engine from firing up, and using precious fuel to erode my stellar MPG-FE numbers. :plane:

1 person likes this.
  6. rcturner

rcturner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My "V" has netted 52.1 MPG over a 400+ mile tank. This was followed by some 48 to 50 MPG tanks. :)

7. buckaroo

buckaroo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The best I have done is 46 mpg. I am averaging a net 42-43 mpg per tank. I am liking it. Filling up an average of 2.5X/mo.

8. chip_designer

chip_designer New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    IV
    In the beginning I also did similar experience, I reset the meter, drove on 101 southbound from menlo park to san jose during lunch time, and got 62.5mpg

After 2.5 years owning this car, I think I have master driving it most efficiently.

Day in , day out, with traffic stop lights , during rush hour, in highway, I am able to sustain a combined 51.6 mpg.

This is driven all over silicon valley, local roads, expressways, 101 , 880, 280.

Also when arriving at my residential neighboorhood, as soon as my speed is below 25, I select EV mode, and drive for 4 blocks up to my garage.

I hope gas prices can go up more . I am driving smiling all the time.