1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the lowest price you can buy a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jma030201, Feb 18, 2006.

1. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

If "cost" is invoice, then go for it! If time is an issue, I can refer you to dealers here in Chicago who can get your car within 4-8 weeks at most (sometimes even sooner). But, Chicago is a ways from CA.

2. icefire

icefire New Member

My wife and I got lucky and called around the Bay Area just to find one to test drive and also to see if they are associated to the Costco Auto program for the discount. Lucky a dealer near us had a package #7 in a color that was our second choice. Without waiting 2-3 months, we got ourselves a 06 Prius in 3 days with -500 off MSRP and 5.4% financing.

3. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

when I went to buy mine, I wanted the recent graduate discount.

BUT....

apparently I'm dead. at least according to their credit people.

that and its not worth financing a car if you have the money. It'll cost more in the long run.

4. cdavid

cdavid Member

What I'm paying is $900 over invoice + $595 Doc fee (yea, I know) + $125 tag fee (Yea, I know). Still works out to be pretty good, about as good as anyone else. It worked out to be about $1450 below MSRP.

5. jma030201

jma030201 New Member

Thanks for the feedback! I guess it is not impossible to get a Prius WAY below MSRP. I am happy to hear that a lot of people are also getting lucky. I decided to just be patient and wait for my black #3. That will give me time to save even more and maybe buy it cash. The $2G that the loan will cost me is still a lot of money. Hopefully, I will get that job I am applying for now (Lord willing). :D

For Galaxee: My "friend" said that he is being groomed to be a dealership manager or something and he is close to the current manager that is why he can get the invoice price deal for me. He said he wont be able to save me $5k but he can give it to me somewhere near invoice price. B)

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    wow. you really lucked out. congrats! :D now the hard part is actually waiting for the car!

7. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

8. wishes

wishes New Member

No employee discount at all?

I ask only because this past Monday (President's day) I went to a local dealer asking about a Prius and he said he would give us his employee discount since he didn't have much family here (because we were of the same faith and therefore have some connection...no, I wasn't convinced). He even gave us some number so that when toyota calls and asks us if we're related we can give them that number to prove it.

I ended up not buying from him (long story) and when I was arguing with him on the phone, he said how he went through all this trouble and even gave me his employee discount. I responded saying there was no employee discount, but he said there was, if you've been with the company for 3 years.

Was he telling the truth or lying? Being that he's a car salesman, I would assume the latter, but he sounded so convincing. (Then again, he also said he doesn't pay commission and that even his mother pays the doc fee, which isn't mandated by law).