1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is the Prius Missing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusTouring07, Aug 4, 2007.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prudence @ Aug 4 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]490457[/snapback]</div>
    Ah yes, the automated grill block. Good call.
    I think of this every winter (actually during the shoulder months when I'm installing/removing based on temperature). As you can imagine, since it's in the 90sºF right now, my mind wasn't with the grill block.

2. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

Auto headlights on us spec vehicles and a play pause button on the stereo as well how do i pause cd's from playing? as well as mute button for when going through the drive through/other needs. More seat adjustments as well. Auto wipers would be nice as well.

3. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Junior Member

usb and dvi input on the touch screen for intergrating a car puter, or a factory installed carputer.

4. harrycw

harrycw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    "Corrected: I would want a "Mr. Fusion", not the "Flux Capacitor""

I was thinking that would be good to power the Martian Death Ray!

Nothing says "Turn down the Volume" like an 1800Watt Civic flying down a busy highway at full volume with flames coming out the windows and nobody at the wheel!

Also good for Tailgaters...

5. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :angry: A Toyota OEM NAV system that will work correctly........ that is show the NAMES of the SIDE STREETS as you are driving along the main road, show it in MAP view and make it as useful and understandable as the "top-of-the-line" NAVI's that Acura and Honda already have in their vehicles selling for even less money than the Prius....

6. mootsman

mootsman New Member

S O U L !!!

I really have no complaints in particular or add-ons. We get 52mpg without any hassle -- just put in 5mph over the limit and cruise control. No issues after 8K miles. It just seems sterile compared to the many vehicles I've owned before. Maybe if I ever get around to putting a roof rack on it and some Wet Okole seat covers with a Kokopelli, we'll feel better about it.

7. duanelaugh

duanelaugh New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Aug 4 2007, 01:41 AM) [snapback]490404[/snapback]</div>

NO ONE could be more afraid of spiders than me, if I see one I threaten to get the 12 gage shotgun and shoot it as I will not get near it!!!!

8. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The Mode button mutes the radio when held for about 3 seconds. Releases with just a press.

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's missing height-adjustable shocks. I could use more ground clearance sometimes, and having it lower on the highway would improve the handling and increase the mileage at the same time.

Of course, a sunroof would be nice, too, along with some better tires, more chassis stiffness, a muuuch better stereo...heck, while we're dreaming, I'd like an electrostatically charged windshield so the rain doesn't stick. And a turbo. Everything else is wonderful. Except maybe the NAV...I mean, going against the DNA and stopping to ask for directions is bad enough, but having to stop to ask your own car for directions is just wrong.

10. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonDNH @ Aug 4 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]490610[/snapback]</div>
    Um, that's not MUTE, that's OFF.

11. hobba

hobba New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    1. better seat design.
    2. A gas gauge that isn't a guess gauge.
    3. larger gas tank.
    4. tilt & telescope steering wheel.
    5. Better voice recognition system.

That is all. As you were.

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duane @ Aug 4 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]490592[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, I have a friend in the military that did that....but he actually used it! He also has a phone book in his garage that sits on top of a huge now long-dead spider that he threw it onto from as far away as he could. He still won't pick up the phone book because he knows there's still a (dead) spider under it. LOL! :lol:

Me, I will stand at the threshold of the room and bounce up and down while pleading for somebody to go kill it for me. If I had a gun, I'd use it on the spider. Fortunately my dog responds to "SPIDER!!" and will kill them for me. :D You can NOT get me into a room that contains a spider. I'm pretty pathetic, LOL. :lol:

13. AKCMommy

AKCMommy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My wishes (in no particular order):

Mute button
    Better stereo with more bass
    Sunroof
    Heated seats

And because I have kids that don't get along:
    I want the limo glass that separates the front and back seats. ;)

14. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AKCMommy @ Aug 5 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]490808[/snapback]</div>
    You could just redirect the wiring for the seat heaters to electrodes in the seat that you could use to zap whoever is getting out of line.

I think the 007 model has a similar feature taken from the S.P.E.C.T.R.E office.

15. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A cell phone trap.

The seat to center console distance is unforgiving. Once you drop a cellphone (skinny one), You have to pull over to extract it from the under seat region. A simple solution would be to have the exterior dimension more squared so that the seat meets the center console. Curently there is just enough room due to the gap and curved exterior dimension to swallow living conversations. This has now happened several times.

16. Priusmeus

Priusmeus New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Okay I'm dreaming, but these are all possible now and would really add to the futuristic feel of the car and make it more desirable to purchase and fun to own.

<Great ideas for the next gen. Prius if Toyota is looking for improvements.>

~ Full factory iPod integration and control

~ Rear wheel disc brakes

~ Heated Power Seats w/memory positions for both seats and mirrors

~ Active Cruise Control with radar measurements to maintain speed and distance btw vehicle and the one ahead, should remember speed setting after short highway stops.

~ Heads up display

~ Weather band NOAA radio

17. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusTouring07 @ Aug 4 2007, 01:46 AM) [snapback]490438[/snapback]</div>

It shows eh? :lol:

Well 3:44 AM happened to be when I returned home from one of the drive-in theaters where I'm installing new point-of-sale systems.

18. Priusmeus

Priusmeus New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Okay I'm dreaming, but these are all possible now and would really add to the futuristic feel of the car and make it more desirable to purchase and fun to own.

<Great ideas for the next gen. Prius if Toyota is looking for improvements.>

~ Full factory iPod integration and control

~ Rear wheel disc brakes

~ Heated Power Seats w/memory positions for both seats and mirrors

~ Active Cruise Control with radar measurements to maintain speed and distance btw vehicle and the one ahead, should remember speed setting after short highway stops.

~ Heads up display

~ Weather band NOAA radio

19. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A decent sound system (seriously--we shouldn't have to aftermarket a subwoofer)
    telescoping steering wheel
    heads up display would also be nice

20. pingman

pingman New Member

no need for mute like it takes more than one nano second to turn a knob.
    how bout--- a gauge that tells you exactly how many gallons are left in tank
    --------------more intimidating horn
    --------------plug in
    --------------new model design so it does not resemble a pontiac aztec the fugliest car around
    --------------mud flaps