1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what is the "Touch Activation Over Threshold" ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Former Member 68813, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I mean it's one of the customizable options of smart key and can be adjusted from active to not active, but what does it mean?

Here is the explanation from: Gen III Prius - Customizable Parameters

Maybe I'm too dense, but I don't get it.

2. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I believe it means that, when on, you can only do a "unlock-lock" or "lock-unlock" sequence twice before the car starts ignoring the touches on the door handle and only responds to the remote. Perhaps it's to stop little kids from grabbing the keys and showing their friends the cool feature? Again, this is speculation (44%).

3. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is why I asked. I played last night with MVCI/Techstream to read codes, data, etc. Afterwards, the door sensors stopped working. I connected again to the options, and the only thing that was unusual under smart key was the "Touch Activation Over Threshold" Not Active. While i didn't understand it, it sounded like it should be Active and I changed it. The sensors work now. But I googled for the description of this and I'm totally confused.

Another thing is why it was Not Active as it should be Active by default. I'm positive I didn't change it myself. Maybe Techstream crash did it? This is quite a dangerous tool.

4. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Mine was set to "Not Active" the first time I looked on my 9 year old 2013 Prius V. I have never changed this setting. My door locks seem to work as expected. I think this field has nothing to do with your door lock problem.