1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is this part ?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by William4, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Sandy Meyers

Sandy Meyers Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have tow insurance with Allstate so I will most definitely investigate the AAA Plus suggestion for this older Prius. Since I make occasional round-trips to desert to visit a 97 year old grandmother, it may be worthwhile so I don't get stuck at the mercy of some unscrupulous repair shop in the middle of Beaumont! My car has 93,000 miles and I rarely drive, now less than 2,000 miles a year. It's usually short trips to local stores, and I'm not a fan of shopping. Im mostly a DIY'er and gardener! Can you guess how much you can get into a Prius 1? LOL I love my car.

Attached Files:

2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the question of "How much?) should probably be addressed to the local Prius independent shop. I wouldn't take it to a generic indy shop, tho. They probably would have no experience, no specialized tools, no mini vci, and maybe no access to a shop manual.

As for the headlites, you might be surprised what can be done to bring them back. Walmart can do the job, and they guarantee you'll be happy. Every gen 1 headlite I've seen has some sort of clearcoat applied. There's clear plastic under that coating.

#22 Brian in Tucson, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  3. Sandy Meyers

Sandy Meyers Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I will check with Walmart! This is incredibly helpful. Many thanks.

Now, not sure I mentioned this previously.
    My neighbor read the code with this scanner below, and I've got the P3130 inverter pump error. I ordered a pump from McGeorge Toyota Parts Online a couple of days ago for $105 plus a few bucks for priority mail shipping.

Just went outside to start to take apart the bumper to see if I can try to to do this job myself and ran into a SNAFU. The bumper is attached to the side fender with some kind of part/screw inside the well, which prevents it from easily pulling it off as shown in most of the DIY videos. Any idea how to get this bumper off on the 2002 Prius? What am I missing?

Attached Files: