1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by alexgrigori, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more than we can teach them respecting their several kinds of roguery.
    Rudimentary Treatise on the Construction of Locks, Charles Tomlinson (ed.), 1853.​

Now as then, the black hats are far ahead of us. Here is a sampling of articles:
    To make attacks like these more difficult, you can activate the Electronic Key Battery-Saving Function (see the Owner’s Manual) on any electronic keys that aren’t in regular use, and as noted in the first article, keep the other electronic keys in a Faraday cage.

2. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    There's a setting (I think I saw it in Carista) to allow/disallow starting the vehicle when the key is detected in the hatch area. By default it's allowed.

My guess is that by removing the No.1 sensor it thought the key was in the hatch and allowed normal functioning. If you turn this off AND remove the No.1 sensor, I imagine you might find the vehicle refuses to turn on using the smart key.

RCO likes this.
  3. alexgrigori

alexgrigori Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    During few days the console was out of the car I had no problems starting/driving the car keeping the key in my pocket.
    Did not play with carista over that time either.

RCO likes this.