1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What kind of hitches for 2004 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Lisa McFadden, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Lisa McFadden

Lisa McFadden New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I intend to install a hitch with a 2 inch receiver to my 2004 Prius to connect a cargo basket (because we are moving). I am very unsure about the information I get from on-line hitch selling sites, such as Walmart and Canadian tire.

Could someone who is more knowledgeable about cars list a few hitches that are compatible? Based on my research, I will only be able to get a Reese type hitch here.

Thanks so much.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  2. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am running a Curt 11468 1.25" trailer hitch on my 2006/Gen2. I reused my Harbor Freight ("HF") 2.0" rack (that I previously used on my Acura). In order to couple the 2.0" rack to my 1.25" hitch I used HF adapter 65023. My rack is pretty beat up as I have used it for more than five years and recently someone ran into it. The rack is soon to be replaced with a new HF rack part no.: 69858.

Additionally, if you are interested in wiring up your Gen2 for trailer lights then see the following thread:
    Wiring Non-Powered 3-to-2-Wire Splice-in Trailer Tail Light Converter with 4-Pin Wiring Harness | PriusChat

I will try to add some pics of the rack on my car.

SFO likes this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Priusjames

Priusjames Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ydpplqbd likes this.
  5. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Some pics of my hitch, adapter and rack. Currently being used to haul a bag of garbage.

Attached Files:

6. Priusjames

Priusjames Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Uh, I just realized you mentioned 2" receiver, sorry about the bad referral.