1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What kind of music do you crank in your Prius?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by OceanEyes, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In CD Player
    slot 1: Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Volume I
    slot 2: Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Volume II
    slot 3: Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Volume III
    slot 4: Barry Manilow - The Songs 1975-1990
    slot 5: Barry Manilow - Ultimate Manilow
    slot 6: Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated

spiderman likes this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Traffic is text display in apps for Entune. Sirius has a Radio station that gives traffic and weather.

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...well the truth is I am News Radio junkie...WTOP in Wash DC is the best; second best is KYW in Philly.
    But music I love Smooth Jazz especially since we lost our DC station 5 years ago so if I am out of town that's what I try for.
    I like a good Jazz radio station with good DJ explaining the music significance etc.

4. Hila

Hila Blizzard Brigade #193

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It uses about the same amount of data as it did when I used to play Pandora in my Jeep using the auxiliary jack. It certainly does use up your data. I'm pretty pissed at Verizon for taking away my unlimited data when I upgraded to the iPhone 5.

JMD likes this.
  5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I listen to country music. AT&T data plans are dirt cheep :)

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

6. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't listen to music, I listen to podcasts downloaded through my iPhone 4s. I find that listening to something you enjoy makes the trip a lot less stressful here on Long Island, since my typical commute is about 45 minutes one way.

For those of you who aren't familiar with podcasts, they are a multimedia (audio/video) digital file made available on the internet for downloading to a portable media player, computer, etc.. You can find podcasts on practically any topic. iTunes also carries these.

If I hit more traffic than usual, it doesn't bother me as much. The other thing I like about listening to podcasts, is that you can FF & REW as needed. I have been doing this for many years.

I look at it like this ... while I am commuting, I am entertaining myself and learning at the same time.

Podcasts I listen to:
    Daily Giz Wiz
    Frame Rate
    HDTV and Home Theater Podcasts
    Leo Laporte - The Tech Guy
    Tech New Today
    This Week in Tech
    Prius Chat Show (need new episodes guys)
    What Drives Us (need new episodes guys)

JMD and WE0H like this.
  7. Hila

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    H
    How cheap?

I hated AT&T. Dropped my calls constantly!

8. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to get dropped calls when I had an iPhone 4 but my Note has been good so far in the same areas but since the iPhone days there have been network updates. My 5 gig data plan costs $30.00 a month but it is a corporate plan.

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

9. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank You. I downloaded the Podcast application in the apple store to my iPhone 4S (It synced with my apple itunes account and my Ipad 3rd gen) and subscribed to Prius Chat Show. This is actualy a great idea since I plan on taking a 8 + hour one way driving vacation and this may be a great way to pass the time and learn a little about a topic I enjoy. The great news is it will bluetooth stream to the Prius Stereo.

10. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    AT&T is the same problem, they hate there customers also. I heard they are also ratching down the speed of the unlimited data people. I noticed that when I started using entune and streaming pandora my data usage went up up and away. I limited my pandora usage to tame the data explosion, and used Sirus or my iTunes music library.

11. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem is Apple's IOS 6 with Facetime HD and it's high data use.

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

JMD likes this.
  12. Hila

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I get 4 gb for $30 with Verizon so not a huge difference. But I really really miss my unlimited data. My new plan does have unlimited talk and text though so that's good but I'd rather have the unlimited data!

WE0H likes this.
  13. Hila

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I do a lot of driving in rural areas though for work and Verizon is by far the best network for rural areas. My friends with AT&T never have the coverage I do.

14. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Depends on the area a person travels. My wife & I travel the country and she has Verizon for work and we use ATT for personal use. We always see one network better than the other depending on what part of the country we are in. One is good and one is bad or both good or both bad. Neither is perfect everywhere. Some day we may see killer fast LTE for all carriers everywhere, but for now, people have to choose which type of network works best for them in the areas they live or travel :) At our home ATT LTE is smokin fast but Verizon LTE is slower than 3g :( That's one of the reasons we use ATT for personal service. We also get a much higher discount on ATT products and services verses other carriers.

My wife also listens to country music :)

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

Hila likes this.
  15. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You have to go with the winner and in this case it is Verizon. Verizon is also a better call quality and more 4G locations which is the fastest data speed. When you have 4G and a fast chip in the iPhone 5S it is a powerful experience. My contract is up in March and I have a iPhone 5 (Not the new 5s). I think I will wait for the iPhone 6 release which Apple Rumor says will be June 2013 I will look at AT&T and Verizon and who provides the lowest cost. Coverage is the same in my area both have 4G. I may switch to Verizon and port my telephone number over.

Hila likes this.
  16. Hila

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What?? There's an iPhone 5s already?! The 5 JUST came out!

17. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You Right LOL. iPhone 5 not 5S. I keep reading the rumor mill on the next release is in Beta. They say it will be the 5s or possibly the 6. :)

18. Hila

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If apple sticks to its current pattern, we will likely see a 5s before a 6... But I guess you never know!

19. Hila

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Btw where in SoCal are you from? I'm from OC, Lake Forest to be exact. Just moved from there to NC this past May.

20. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Perhaps the most interesting discovery with my Iphone and Entune was in the settings of Bluetooth on my iPhone I turned on Show Notifications. The default is off. The next day when I was in my Prius (my prius and Iphone are synced) I got a text message and it appeared on my navigation screen in the Prius dashborad. I hit the message and the message was read to me. It had the ability to give a canned respone ( a pick list of 20 messages i.e. I'm Driving I'll contact you later) but that failed when I tried. I think the phone needs to be on the USB to do the message reply from the car to work or so I was told by another Chat person. have you tried that yet?