1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Kind of Prius Do I Have?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by djlen, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Let's not totally confuse him lol.

In 2010 there was a II, III, IV and V package. Starting 2011 they dropped the roman numerals and went with 2, 3, 4 and 5. They did this so they didn't have a V package and a v car. It was too late to avoid confusion, but we've got to at least try and let people know 'what happened'...

That's also why, if you look, the Prius v forums all have a lowercase v. Even Toyota uses that.

2. djlen

djlen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, I've got the differentiation between the two. I don't get it with the v. From my perspective, the whole point for buying a Prius was the 50mph fuel economy. I looked at the sticker on a v yesterday and the price was somewhere in the 30 - 31K range and the mpg rating was in the low 40's. I would have no interest in that vehicle simply because of that.
    I'll stick with my little basic Prius and the money it will save me over the long term.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, it's not for me either even with a 5 year old but for some having 60% more cargo space means alot. It's still good that people now have a choice and come 2012 will have even more choices with the Plug-in and c in the pipeline...

4. djlen

djlen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I've got a few years to pay this one off and then I'll be looking to replace my other car. Maybe a plug-in will be in my future. We'll see..................:)