1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What NAV HU would you purchase if you had to do it again ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by EdyJun, May 9, 2012.

1. EdyJun

EdyJun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am in the market for a new NAV HU and was wondering what people would recommend AND why?

I am leaning toward the Ottonavi HU after searching around. Current have the Rosen and NOT happy with it.

Here are my requirements:

-GOOD mic (for Bluetooth calls)
    -Rear camera capable
    -Fast start up and switch to rear camera
    -Bluetooth A2DP capable
    -Easy to use
    -Good GPS signal

TIA

2. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like the Flyaudio allot for the price at $499+shipping+customs fees.

If I had to do it again, I want a 7" tablet because the screen is so much more responsive and the image is so much nicer.

1.) Capacitive touch screen (ipad like) is so great compared to current nav screens.
    2.) Future apps are limitless.
    3.) Wifi and bluetooth ready for syncing and adding music.

My second choice is Ottonavi because of the custom development being done by many groups. I see that becoming more popular and more custom in the future.

my2cents

3. kumatae

kumatae Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH on my wife's 2011 Prius II. This system doesn't come with a GPS (it's an attachment you can buy), but if you have an Iphone 4 or 4S, it'll display Google maps on display. Besides that, it meets your requirement pretty good. Bluetooth calls are good, I installed a Sony rear camera, starts real fast, streams audio via bluetooth and it's easy to use. It pretty much has everything as a AVIC Z140 but GPS so I think it's a good deal. BTW, perfect installation is a real pain!!! Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  4. EdyJun

EdyJun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the info.