1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What needs to be reset after disconnecting the 12v

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by kithmo, Oct 16, 2011.

1. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    What needs resetting after disconnecting the 12v battery on the Gen 3, I've seen the thread for this on the Gen 2, is it the same for the Gen 3 ?

2. Buzzhead

Buzzhead Non-Interference w/ devel of pre-Warp civs

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Your radio presets (including XM if you use it) and your nav settings (map type and scale, State search area, etc).
    Your keyless entry settings/ door lock preferences stay the way they were before, and you don't lose your saved addresses, etc, from the nav.
    You lose your Trip A and Trip B and the last five saves.
    You don't lose your driver's seat position. :)
    I don't know what the effect on previously paired Blueteeth are, since I'm a Luddite and don't have a cell phone.

3. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's a good one!:p ... a Luddite who drives a Prius!:car::peace:

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    How about the auto up windows? I suspect they need to be reset (roll down about 1/2 way then roll up and hold the button in the up position until it beeps or for a few seconds).

5. Buzzhead

Buzzhead Non-Interference w/ devel of pre-Warp civs

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No, they don't lose their settings.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    ^ We had to have the 12 volt battery replaced at time of purchase, the car had been sitting on the lot a while (almost a year back, pre tsunami). Shortly after I noticed auto-up was not working on the drivers door window only, so not sure, but I think battery disconnection was the cause. Funny though: passenger side auto up did work. Anyway:

I dug around and found two methods for relearn of window auto-up, one of them the worked. I think the method mentioned above is for second gen, but doesn't work on 3rd gen. And I've managed to forget how I did it. If someone more on the ball remembers, I'd appreciate it, for the next time.

7. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Thanks guys, it sounds like it's not too big a deal.
    A bit premature on my part I know, cos the car's only 18 months/9K miles old, but I was thinking of the future, when I may be doing any DIY stuff that requires disconnecting the 12v battery or if I needed to replace the 12v.

8. warpedhifi

warpedhifi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had my 12v battery disconnected this past weekend when I was installing new dash speakers.. Once connected and I first tried to start it, all I got was alarms, like it was trying to start but not in park. So, traction light, abs, airbag lights were all on, and the motor never started. (guess this is normal?), Anyway, powered the car off and on again and everything came up normal the second time. Guess this was the computer resetting everything??? As for things being lost, the presets on the stereo and the MPG's. Everything else seems the same. All in all, not that big of a deal.

9. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    ^ Is your auto window up/down working?

10. co_prius_3

co_prius_3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What about the reverse beep and seat belt alarm settings? I used the Scangauge to override those from the defaults. Do they persist after the 12V battery is replaced?