1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What other cars did you test drive before picking the Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Archaeo, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, we drove the lift back but liked the size, however did not like the center console either. It made us feel claustrophobic. Also liked the styling of the exterior and interior much better in the C and the handling was better during driving. The liftback styling is just a turn off to us.

2. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Accent was a car I was seriously considering instead of the c. I really liked the drive, the colors it came in, the feel of the inside and much more.

I was also seriously considering a used ('09 or '10) liftback. I saw a few very nice ones on the lot, but ultimately chose the c.

Archaeo likes this.
  3. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So, what was it about the C that helped you make this choice after considering the Accent?

4. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Gas mileage primarily, but I found the ride of the c even nicer than the Accent when I finally was able to test drive one (hard to find a Toyota with a c!). And the c is smaller.

The gas mileage really sold me though, especially since I drive in an urban environment for work and have to park in tight places. I work in a not so nice area, so it's key to be able to park close by so I'm avoiding long walks to my car. The c has already allowed me to save so much $$$ on gas and park close by when my co workers can't that I'm VERY happy with my choice :)

5. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Good to hear! We are saving about $75 per week on gasoline and many of our miles are freeway so I think the C is a terrific choice and love when it goes into ev and we aren't using gas at all.

6. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I wonder which car is the biggest competitor for the Prius C?

7. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ford c-max?

Archaeo likes this.
  8. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think it's technically the Honda Insight, as they're similarly priced, small hybrid hatchback-ish 4-door cars. The current Insight has always been rather lukewarmly received by both the press and the buying public. Other than that, the Prius c seems to be in a rather unique market space. I have to be honest, I didn't even consider the Insight, unless you count wanting the awesomely tiny 1st gen just to tinker around with.

Archaeo likes this.
  9. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I didn't test drive the insight either, just did not care for the exterior of the car at all. It would seem to be the closest competition considering it is also a hybrid. Saw a new Insight a few days ago and was surprised to see how closely it resembled the Prius liftback especially from the back.

10. franathan

franathan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Volkswagon Polo GTI

Archaeo likes this.
  11. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I saw a Honda fit the other day that looked similar in size and shape but wasn't quite as sporty looking.