1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What package would you get?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AlphaTeam, Aug 7, 2005.

1. OverTork

OverTork Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know about the price but there is a Toyota Sirius tuner that the dealer can install. A quick search for Sirius on the forums should turn up loads of info.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Another Package #4 owner who's happy with his choice.

I wanted all the features on the #4 (SKS, side air backs, Vehicle Stability Control), except the HID headlights and the fog lights. I've actually come to love the HID lights (the fog lights are never used.)

As to the #6 options, they really didn't grab me:
    • Have no cell phone, so Bluetooth not of interest. (And from many threads on PriusChat, getting a BlueTooth phone that syncs well with Prius takes work.)
    • No garage or Homelink-controlled devices at home, so no interest there.
    • Someday I may want a GPS navigation system; but if I do, there are as good/better ones, apparently, that are significantly cheaper than the difference between a #4 and a #6.
    • Voice control -- cute, but again not worth the increased cost.
    • Higher-end stereo system. This was something of a temptation initially -- but only so that I could use a Cassette-to-MP3 player adapter to listen to my MP3s on the system.

Decided against this when I read many opinions on PriusChat that the higher-end JBL stereo system wasn't particularly great. Decided that what I really want was a cheap audio AUX-IN to the stereo system, and -- again -- that I could get it cheaper than if I bought a #6 package.

• However, your mileage will vary. Good luck!

3. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The FAQ should be updated.
    It says there is no Sirius unit for the Prius

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have #4 and love it. When I ordered the car, I said any package, any color, then a Salsa #4 came in about 6 weeks after order. The bluetooth would have been nice but you can get a Motorola clip on the visor unit for about $100. I already had a Garmin Streetpilot GPS that works EXTREMELY well (had I gotten a pkg 6 I would have sold it though).
    I like best the HID lights and the SKS, the VSC, ABS, and side curtain airbags are a great safety item if God forbid I ever need them.

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Well, Sirius still isn't listed at www.toyota.com/prius as an option or accessory for the 2005 Prius.

That's where we get the option info for the Prius; we want to make sure it's official.

6. Anla'shok

Anla'shok New Member

I got my black package 4 Prius last Friday and am very happy with it. Could someone comment more on the "anti-theft system - as others have indicated, this is present on package #4, though it's not activated." Is this antitheft different than the alarm that goes off if someone opens the doors? What protection does it provide once the dealer activates it and how do I control it once it is activated? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Anla'shok

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:bab414f45e]Congratulations on your new car! :party:

All Prii have an alarm. It may be that your dealer has activated it for you. When you lock the doors (with the door lock switch on the inside, with the fob, or with the black square) 30 seconds later the alarm activates. When a door is opened without being unlocked, the alarm goes off.

The test is to open windows, lock doors, wait a minute, keep the fob away, and reach in and open a door from the inside handle. You'll know if the alarm is working.

To cancel, use the fob to unlock.[/font:bab414f45e]