1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What pet do most Prius owners have?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by sparkyAZ, Oct 14, 2007.

?
  1. Cat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dog

100.0%
  3. Both cat(s) and dog(s)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Reptile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Amphibian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No pets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Dogs.

2. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    One cat, and for the sole purpose of keeping the (field) mice population down.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(banjoman @ Oct 16 2007, 03:20 AM) [snapback]526239[/snapback]</div>
    current pets:
    2 dogs (a jet black pug and a red poodle for the mrs)
    1 cat (my favorite - a Maine Coon)
    1 tank of fish - tropical

former types of pets that have graced my residence and my vets office:
    snakes
    lizards
    birds
    iguanas
    turtles

non-carbon based pets:
    a rock (get it?)

bipedal carbon based "pets":
    1 daughter
    3 sons
    1 grandson

4. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We have 3 cats, about 40 tropical fish in an indoor 55 gal. aquarium, 2 large Japanese Koi in a 200 gal. plastic pond with a cascade on the back screened in porch, and various types of fish in our back yard natural pond.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Oct 15 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]526179[/snapback]</div>
    I'm suspicious of that video. It is amusing, but I'm not convinced it's real.

When I was in Spain I went to Jerez de la Frontera to see the famous "dancing" horses. The horses pranced around, lifting their legs high, while the loudspeakers played Spanish symphonic music. But they did not step in time to the music, or in time to each other.

The parrot in the video is too good to be convincing. Also, I do not believe a parrot would know to bow to the applause.

But the video is very well made. I'll give them that.

6. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    After our 18 year old cat "SQUISH" died a few months ago the only pets we have left are these:

<div align="center">[attachmentid=12062]</div>

<div align="center">[attachmentid=12063]</div>

Attached Files:

7. johnford

johnford Old Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    English Bulldogs make the best pets. Why did I have to become old, fat and grey before I found out what great chick magnets they are hanging out the window.... jf B) :unsure: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: [attachmentid=12064]
    Kiki the bulldog is not happy with Bandit the cat. It was supposed to be a Doggie only bed.
    Kiki is expecting and we hope to have the pitter patter of 32 little feet around the house this Thanksgiving. Bandit will move outside!

Attached Files:

• kiki.jpg
      kiki.jpg
      File size:
      13.5 KB
      Views:
  8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We have a full house; 1-Boxer, 1-G.Shepard & 2-wiener dogs..... :)

9. debrasnell

debrasnell New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John Ford @ Oct 16 2007, 10:33 AM) [snapback]526363[/snapback]</div>

OK, I can't let you get away without posting a photo of Isabelle. She was on the counter getting her nails clipped and fell asleep.[attachmentid=12065]

Attached Files:

10. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't see the option for "Beta Fish".

11. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Dogs!! Dogs are better than most people.

To All Non-Dog Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Dogs:

1. They live here. You don't.
    2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
    3. I like my dogs a lot better than I like most people.
    4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs are better than kids because they:
    1. Eat less
    2. Don't ask for money all the time
    3 Are easier to train
    4. Normally come when called
    5. Never ask to drive the Prius
    6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
    7. Don't smoke or drink
    8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
    9. Don't want to wear your clothes
    10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.

And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(YBNormal @ Oct 17 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]526923[/snapback]</div>
    You forgot:

12. You can decide to go out at the last minute and don't need a sitter.

13. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We need a poll that would allow more than one choice! There was no button for 'cat and bird'.

Or 'moose and squirrel' :lol:

14. Birdums

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 16 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]526318[/snapback]</div>
    Believe me, birds can do such things, easily. My bird will lift one foot up high and yell "Kung Fu!" She cusses the cat. When my parents birdy-sit, she mutters "that's bullshit" the entire time my dad talks on the phone, and laughs like a maniac when he hangs up. She accuses DH of farting. We had to buy special closures to hook her cage door because the little cuss could figure out how to open the thing. And if I mention Rice Krispie treats to her, she asks where aunt Gina is, although it has been at least 4 years since Gina gave her one. Those are only a few of the things she does, and I don't try to train her.

I've read that many birds have the intelligence of a 2-5 year-old child. I think mine has the mind of a 50 year-old sailor.

15. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My cat, Carl:

[​IMG]

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(You me and da Pri @ Oct 18 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]527449[/snapback]</div>
    yes! parrots are actually incredibly intelligent creatures. alex the african grey, who died at the age of 31 not too long ago, showed the world just how smart his kind really is.

[you me and da pri, what species do you have?]

cockatoos are big dancers, the crest goes up and the head starts bobbin' even in the absence of music. some of them just love music and go crazy, like that funny guy in the video.

while my little senegal is no dancer, she's extremely bright. the only thing i actually sought to teach her was to wave back when i waved to her. little did i realize, i only waved to her previously when i left the house. so the first time i tried this, she said "go bye bye" and needless to say, she did not want this to happen so she did not wave.

on our road trip up north this summer, i had way too much caffeine to stay up late driving. the next morning i felt sick from it, and i wanted roll down the window to get some fresh air. i put casper in her travel cage, and the second i started to roll down the window she said "window" for the first time. i had spent an hour or so telling her what was "out the window" as she looked outside at the world going by the day before.

she makes up her own little games with her cup-shaped wood chew toys. she breaks a small piece off, drops it in the cup part, then turns it upside down until she sees the wood bit fall out. she will tell you when she's ready to go to sleep, when she wants you to turn on the light, when it's time for her vegetables. and many more.

i could go on and on with the evidence of how she not only repeats, but puts things together in her mind. birds are indeed fascinatingly intelligent creatures.

17. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Oct 19 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]527726[/snapback]</div>
    Alex died? :( Thats so sad. I loved that bird. I've been wanting to make a donation to them for a long time but never had the extra cash to do so. I think I will try to find some extra change to donate. Dr.Pepperberg had done some great research with Alex. I can only hope that Griffin and Wart can live up to what Alex acheived.

18. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Never trust a man who doesn't like dogs" --Unknown

Three cats, one (200lb) dog

A visitor thought it would be funny to put lip prints all over the dog's head. Apparently the dog felt humiliated afterwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy @ Oct 19 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]527839[/snapback]</div>
    200 lbs??? Wow!

20. Birdums

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Galaxee, I have the bossiest little bird in the world - a Quaker parrot. I had no idea what I was getting into!

By the way, if anyone wants to see a Quaker, check out the 'ballad of the Brooklyn parrots' on youtube. Little green birds; they just don't care..... :)