1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Prius can drive in alone in carpool lane ?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by DKTVAVKMC, Jan 12, 2023.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...more coming assuming you and I live to see it. Virginia has been quite pro-active on HOT lanes, hopefully a good thing.
    Maryland falling behind what Virginia is doing, unfort Maryland own the Potomac up the shoreline with Va. That really pissed off George Washington.

bisco likes this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Your avatar doesn't show LA, just USA so that's always a good thing to give people a heads up. That said, anyone driving around the 405 freeway during gridlock will find the carpool lane often drives just as slow as all the other lanes due to so many cheaters with blacked out windows - so you can't tell they're cheating.

3. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    This was my game plan when I got my (used) PiP in 2016. Worked great when I had to commute in from the west side of Toronto, when I used to commute. ;) At that time, Ontario had just announced they were grandfathering the green “GV” plates as a “permanent” perk (after extending it several times), which in theory means they will stop dishing them out green plates one day once pluggable vehicles reach a certain saturation on the road, leaving the solo HOV driving a perk to just the “early adopters”. (y)

4. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    They were HIGH as a kite. Probably the same people who smoke out all day and don't feed their children. The number of kids found by social services in homes that haven't eaten in weeks is appalling. Another benefit of legal MJ....that nobody thought of.

Isaac Zachary likes this.
  5. Valencia Orange

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sept 2025 no more carpool stickers will be valid. California

Gokhan likes this.