1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What really bothers me about the recall

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sshaw10, Feb 17, 2010.

1. priusmiselus

priusmiselus New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry but I have already discussed my rationale about picking a Hyundai over the Prius somewhere else in this chat, if you are interested:

http://priuschat.com/forums/other-cars/76448-hyundai-poised-beat-toyota-2.html#post1065587

I also noticed how people here can get furiously passionate about Toyota and the Prius and I'm not no falling for the bait :cool:

2. priusmiselus

priusmiselus New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, you got a point, but just remember, there are only 100 complaints so far but the problem actually involves 500,000 model-year 2009 and 2010 Corollas that are likely to be recalled too.

Look, I have no intention to fuzz about the recall thing here; I don't personally think it is big deal really, but while the news did not ultimately influenced in my decision to buy a Hyundai, if I was a Toyota owner, I would certainly be worried about the quality of my car.

This is just quoting Mr. Toyota in a recent publication at the WSJ:

“With the rapid growth in production maybe we have not been able to develop human resources skills that are required for a rise in production," he said. "We will come back to the basics once again to pursue the spirit of the just-in-time production system."

Think about it. :cool:

3. alexfair

alexfair New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I agree with your statement. I purchased my Prius on Jan 14th 2010, after the change in production had started Jan 2010 but my car was made in Dec 2009 I have since contacted Toyota directly and have been refunded loss in resale value and the cost of personal safety.

4. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not worried. I think I'm responsible for checking my own floor mat. I am pretty sure my brakes can handle it should in another 75K miles my accelerator pedal sticks. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to take my foot off the brake pedal if they ever fail to respond immediately (as noted previously, my Blazer does it all the time on 4WD roads!).