1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What replacement tire for the midwest? Please.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clifford, Feb 11, 2008.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am sorry as I know there are millions of posts on the next tires one should buy for their Prius. I have read many of these posts but would really like to hear of a tire that you have been pleased with for my area and my wishes.
    I live in Illliois so traction can be a problem. I am at 5/32 on my oem- 35000 miles on the tires.
    I don't like a lot of tire noise. In fact I prefer, like everyone, none. I do like a lot of miles out of my tires. And lastly I do like better mpg.
    Could you please just tell me tires that you have really liked for my type of driving?
    Thanks so much:)

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Michelin MXV4 Primacy or Nokian WR G2. Both are good all season tire with very low rolling resistance. The Michelins are probably a little quieter while the Nokians are a little better in the snow. Both work very well.

Tom

3. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thank you for your reply. It appears both of those tires are well thought of in the chat.
    Funny we search and search and want the very best when there are probably several tires that would be twice as good as the originals. I don't need fantastic miles on the tires just more reasonable numbers that I received from the Integrity.
    Of cousrse, again, I don't really want the resistance and road noise but some sort of snow traction is a must. At this moment I would not feel safe with what is left of my Integrities so I need to take my gas guzzeling 4x4!
    Thanks again for your help.

4. Kipander

Kipander New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If you are thinking Nokian you should check if new hakkapeliitta R is availability and pricing from U.S. importer.Reason why I recommend to do this is below.

From Nokian Tyres website
    Nokian Tyres: Release
    The sidewall of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R is labelled with the words ultra low rolling resistance. This promises that the tyre will roll very efficiently without wasting energy and that it is economic and environmentally friendly.

Wrg2 is only low resistance tyre.How much there is difference I have no idea.