1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What should I do? Error codes P3000 - 123 and P3018

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lighthouse-Beacon, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Lighthouse-Beacon

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2792.JPG IMG_2793.JPG IMG_2794.JPG I noticed my hybrid battery fan was staying on. I threw these codes. What is my best next course of action? Go after replacing that module, is my Batt ECU bad too?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why to you think that? Because of the P3000? The P3000 is because of the P0AA6 and P3018.

You have two problems that are related.

You need to click on the blue snowflake icon to the left of the P0AA6 code in the image above and retrieve the Detail code near the bottom of the left column. If you can let us know what that is, then we can say with more certainty where to look for the HV Isolation Fault.

If the HV isolation fault points to the HV battery, it is probably because one or more modules have leaked (or are leaking) electrolyte and causing a voltage leak to ground.

If you are willing and capable your battery is more than likely fixable, but it will be a bit of work and an investment in some tools.

[EDIT] I see you've asked the same question in your other thread. It is not a good idea to have two threads going with the same problem. Perhaps all dialogue on this topic could be almagamated there.

#2 dolj, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. Lighthouse-Beacon

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Sounds good. Yeap it’s isolated to pack and a leaker on number 16. I’ve ordered an eBay module and am going to clean then contacts then replace that block and balance and see if that fixes things thanks

4. Lighthouse-Beacon

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just reporting in, I switched 6 modules out and didnt cycle the pack, drove the car until module voltage matched my new ebay mods. Popped them in, just hit 10k miles and no issues still.

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems you had a lot of things fall into place for you. With luck like that maybe you should have also bought a lottery ticket.

As my friend from AL says all the time, "It's better to be lucky than good!"