1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What should I keep?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ronlewis, Jul 8, 2020.

1. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    It's coming to the point I have to decide what to do with my parts cars. I need my driveway and garage back. I've already sold the exhausts out of both, which pretty much makes them not worth rebuilding to sell. Otherwise, they will both be missing front end body parts, probably one radiator, core support, other stuff up front.

I've not heard mention of a starter on these cars, no alternators. One is a high-water flood so all electronics were submerged; not sure about engine/inverter. Throttle looks clogged/messy. The other car was probably just fine except for the ECU under the passenger floor. and the engine/inverter probably still is fine. Interiors dried out and usable. Doors, rear body on both.

I'm not really one of those packrats guys, although it's been hard to tell for a couple of years. On the other hand, there are fewer and fewer of these cars, and I hate to scrap a lot of good usable parts. Least of all for myself - sure as I think I don't need any more parts, I'll need something.

So, my question, for conversation's sake - what parts should I take off to keep as spares? I will still have 3 running Prii at that point. I'm thinking about a gas tank/fuel pump, and good wheels. Maybe a rear bumper/trunk lid. Are the engine parts worth the trouble?