1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What stupid wedge issue will the Republicans employ in 2006?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, May 14, 2006.

?
  1. Flag burning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gay marriage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gay adoption

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Gay flag burning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Human cloning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No singing the national anthem in foreign languages!

100.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 15 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]255647[/snapback]</div>
    The Republicans did this? When? Was I sleeping the last six years????

Yea!!!!! Our country is back! The religious right is gone! <_<

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ May 15 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]255771[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking as a FORMER Democrat:
    Yes I see all the body bags of the old and our young at the morgue lined up for cremation
    Yes we hit back when we are hit - something clinton should have done (and what was kosavo?)
    The people who pay taxes usually get the refunds - ask Kennedy he did it and beleive it or not the three times taxes were cut, government income INCREASED. Usually poor dont have money - unless it was the rich that gave it to them :)
    G-d belongs where the founding fathers placed him/her - no state sponsored religion, just a separation of the two
    Slave days... you must mean all the illegal aliens invading our country - seems to me the democrats want to grant them citizenship and Bush at least wants to protect our borders - although I am in favor of inforcing all the laws on the books already

What are your grounds for impeachment - just the crimes and misdemeanors he committed?

Remember, Hate Blinds

And for my former party, at the least offer some alternate plans - hating is not enough - what would you do if you occupied the Oval Office - obviously do not include receive oral sex from interns :) And do not include allowing Americans to die without taking action (ie, WTC I 1993, USS Cole, etc, etc)

3. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

Long live the republican majority! Its too bad that when the fat bastard Kennedy's plane was hit by lightening it did not go down. He killed a woman in a car crash, is a drunk corrupt idiot and you guys continue to support him -- just shows how out of touch democrats really are. And then there is the latest Kennedy that was driving under the influence and got it covered up.

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kirbinster @ May 15 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]255849[/snapback]</div>
    That's the difference between liberals and right-wingers. No matter how much disgust and disdain we may have for a politician (Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc.), we would never wish that he be killed in a plane crash. Nice, kirbinster!

5. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogtrainer @ May 14 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]255451[/snapback]</div>
    Actually I've read (or should I say Al read it to me) his book and it's very funny. People like to think that Al spouts all of this junk when what he's doing isn't all that different from what The Daily Show does. It's called SATIRE folks...sure it cuts close to the bone, but that's when satire is at its most effective. He mixes in a different look at the news and offers his commentary...not too different from what <strike>the Republican mouthpiece</strike> Fox News does.

Al is not a los<strike> s </strike> er. He doesn't hate everything American.

For someone that hates him so much, you must listen to/watch his show a lot...or maybe you don't...which would make you look like you're speaking out of ignorance.

But going back to the topic at hand...you all have seemingly forgotten the immigration issue that clogged the news channels not too long ago. That's one the "wedges" that will be used I think.

6. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Impeach Bush. I think repeating it is the only way to get the message out there. Seems to work for this administration. Keep repeating the lies and all's well. Stupid Bush. Impeach him. How did this country become so blind? Impeach Bush now. Why are we the people letting him get away with so many illegal acts? Impeach Bush. Get it?

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ May 15 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]255864[/snapback]</div>
    BellBoy- great avatar! I am laughing my _ss off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 15 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]255871[/snapback]</div>
    HA! Yeah I felt the need to editorialize on the Squid's avatar. I couldn't help myself... :lol:

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ May 15 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]255868[/snapback]</div>
    Name one crime or misdemeanor he committed?

Obviously telling lies are not a crime unless done under oath.

And if you impeach him for political reasons only, you start heading down a slipperly slope.

So, name his crime(s) or midemeanors - and I believe they have to be "high" crime(s).

The Founding Father's knew there would be people like you :)

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 15 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]255877[/snapback]</div>
    Did you similarly defend Bill Clinton when Congress impeached him?

11. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ May 15 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]255874[/snapback]</div>
    bravissimo, indeed one of the funniest ones in a long time... :lol:

12. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Sorry, I'm laughing on the outside at all the Bush supporters. How is it all the stupid, illegal things can be ignored? Impeach Bush. The Amercian people deserve better. Even a little better than Mr. Bush would be nice. Wow, it just is funny, ya know?

I have to admit, the poll question says it all. Impeach Bush. Just to be clear: Impeach Bush.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 15 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]255879[/snapback]</div>
    Last i read he lied under oath
    but i did NOT support impeachment - NO I did not!

I thought it was his own business - poor judgement, especially getting a hummer in the oval office - he could have at the least done it in the private quarters of the white house. damn if i was married to hillary, i would be doing the same as he was/is. poor judgement there too imo.

14. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 15 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]255877[/snapback]</div>
    You (and the rest of the Bush faithful) seem to forget that he told one WHOPPER of a lie and he did it under oath. He SWORE to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. He's already wiped his nice person with that sacred document the first year in office. The Bill of Rights has turned into just that--a check that Bush has rung up and is now making us pay for with the loss of our inalienable rights...life (cough, cough), liberty (why am I under arrest??), and the pusuit of happiness (I owe HOW much in taxes?).

Politics in itself is inherently a slippery slope because of how they do "business" on the Hill. Lobbyists, power struggles, blackmail and other types of deceitful behaivor are all part of life "serving your country" in Congress.

15. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ May 15 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]255874[/snapback]</div>
    I second that. You have made my day!

16. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 15 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]255877[/snapback]</div>
    Articles of Impeachment

of

President George W. Bush

and

Vice President Richard B. Cheney,
    Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice,
    Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and
    Attorney General Alberto Gonzales

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. - - ARTICLE II, SECTION 4 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have committed violations and subversions of the Constitution of the United States of America in an attempt to carry out with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes and deprivations of the civil rights of the people of the United States and other nations, by assuming powers of an imperial executive unaccountable to law and usurping powers of the Congress, the Judiciary and those reserved to the people of the United States, by the following acts:

1) Seizing power to wage wars of aggression in defiance of the U.S. Constitution, the U.N. Charter and the rule of law; carrying out a massive assault on and occupation of Iraq, a country that was not threatening the United States, resulting in the death and maiming of over one hundred thousand Iraqis, and thousands of U.S. G.I.s.

2) Lying to the people of the U.S., to Congress, and to the U.N., providing false and deceptive rationales for war.

3) Authorizing, ordering and condoning direct attacks on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties were unavoidable.

4) Instituting a secret and illegal wiretapping and spying operation against the people of the United States through the National Security Agency.

5) Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently changing its government by force and assaulting Iraq in a war of aggression.

6) Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, kidnappings, secret and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of prisoners to obtain false statements concerning acts and intentions of governments and individuals and violating within the United States, and by authorizing U.S. forces and agents elsewhere, the rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

7) Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda about the conduct of foreign governments and individuals and acts by U.S. government personnel; manipulating the media and foreign governments with false information; concealing information vital to public discussion and informed judgment concerning acts, intentions and possession, or efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction in order to falsely create a climate of fear and destroy opposition to U.S. wars of aggression and first strike attacks.

8) Violations and subversions of the Charter of the United Nations and international law, both a part of the "Supreme Law of the land" under Article VI, paragraph 2, of the Constitution, in an attempt to commit with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes in wars and threats of aggression against Afghanistan, Iraq and others and usurping powers of the United Nations and the peoples of its nations by bribery, coercion and other corrupt acts and by rejecting treaties, committing treaty violations, and frustrating compliance with treaties in order to destroy any means by which international law and institutions can prevent, affect, or adjudicate the exercise of U.S. military and economic power against the international community.

9) Acting to strip United States citizens of their constitutional and human rights, ordering indefinite detention of citizens, without access to counsel, without charge, and without opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention, based solely on the discretionary designation by the Executive of a citizen as an "enemy combatant."

10) Ordering indefinite detention of non-citizens in the United States and elsewhere, and without charge, at the discretionary designation of the Attorney General or the Secretary of Defense.

11) Ordering and authorizing the Attorney General to override judicial orders of release of detainees under INS jurisdiction, even where the judicial officer after full hearing determines a detainee is wrongfully held by the government.

12) Authorizing secret military tribunals and summary execution of persons who are not citizens who are designated solely at the discretion of the Executive who acts as indicting official, prosecutor and as the only avenue of appellate relief.

13) Refusing to provide public disclosure of the identities and locations of persons who have been arrested, detained and imprisoned by the U.S. government in the United States, including in response to Congressional inquiry.

14) Use of secret arrests of persons within the United States and elsewhere and denial of the right to public trials.

15) Authorizing the monitoring of confidential attorney-client privileged communications by the government, even in the absence of a court order and even where an incarcerated person has not been charged with a crime.

16) Ordering and authorizing the seizure of assets of persons in the United States, prior to hearing or trial, for lawful or innocent association with any entity that at the discretionary designation of the Executive has been deemed "terrorist."

17) Engaging in criminal neglect in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, depriving thousands of people in Louisiana, Mississippi and other Gulf States of urgently needed support, causing mass suffering and unnecessary loss of life.

18) Institutionalization of racial and religious profiling and authorization of domestic spying by federal law enforcement on persons based on their engagement in noncriminal religious and political activity.

19) Refusal to provide information and records necessary and appropriate for the constitutional right of legislative oversight of executive functions.

20) Rejecting treaties protective of peace and human rights and abrogation of the obligations of the United States under, and withdrawal from, international treaties and obligations without consent of the legislative branch, and including termination of the ABM treaty between the United States and Russia, and rescission of the authorizing signature from the Treaty of Rome which served as the basis for the International Criminal Court.

Source: impeachbush.org

17. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ May 15 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]255920[/snapback]</div>
    Agree. Even Sandra Day O'Connor, upon leaving the bench, said in a speech at Georgetown University in March 06 that Republican proposals, and their sometimes uncivil tone, pose a danger to the independence of the judiciary, and the freedoms of all Americans.

18. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect sometime this summer, we'll start seeing the terror alert levels bouncing around again. Remember in 04, whenever Dumya's poll numbers started to drop, suddenly there was credible evidence that there was about to be an attack, the terror level would rise, Dumya's poll numbers went back up, terror level back down.

19. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

All of the above?

:)

20. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

Never realized there were so many totally irrational Bush hating liberals around. Just read the list of possible Democratic candidates and not one, not one (except perhaps Lieberman) has the intelligence to be the POTUS. God help us if it happens. You guys are living in lala land. Especially the impeach Bush crowd.