1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What stupid wedge issue will the Republicans employ in 2006?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, May 14, 2006.

?
  1. Flag burning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gay marriage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gay adoption

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Gay flag burning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Human cloning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No singing the national anthem in foreign languages!

100.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ May 17 2006, 03:52 AM) [snapback]256741[/snapback]</div>
    I guess that everyone that is dissatisfied with the performance of this president is "irrational" and "living in lala land"? If the latest polls are correct, that would be, what, over 70% of the nation? I'm so glad that at least you are rational when everyone else is "living in lala land."

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 16 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]256586[/snapback]</div>
    They neglected the following charges:

1. for failure to cure cancer
    2. for causing floods in New England
    3. for not erradicating unemployment
    4. for failure to make Spanish the official language of the United States
    5. for supporting the overthrow of the Taliban and the irresponsible establishment of womens rights in afghanistan
    6. for placing the most minorities in Cabinet level positions in US history
    7. for expanding social programs to include medical drug coverage to medicare recipients
    8. for overseeing the removal of syrian troops from lebanon - and the loss of additional black prisons there
    9. for appointing white males to the Supreme Court
    10. for winning two national elections in spite of his inability to speak in public demonstrationg just how banckrupt the democratic party is.
    11. for not receiving oral sex in the oral office
    12. for defending American interests and lives
    13. for killing terrorists
    14. for discovering the food for oil scandal
    15. for not allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons
    16. for not replacing mayor nagrin prior to hurricane katrina
    17. for creating 10 million new jobs
    18. for decreasing taxes
    19. for breathing
    20. for not being a gay married transsexual
    21. for being responsible for global warming
    22. for not lying under oath
    23. for not railing against or blaming America for all the worlds ills
    24. for trying to protect America against further terror attacks
    25. for not completely opening our borders to all that want to live here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 17 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]256763[/snapback]</div>
    polls are cute - if they make you feel better - great - enjoy them for what they are worth.
    rumor has it that the democrats are still the minority party
    elections are real
    last time the democrats won one??
    and how many have the democrats won since 1968?
    i wonder what fdr or truman or kennedy would think of the current democrats????
    the party is self - destructing - and i would like to thank all the liberals with hate and venom ruling thier higher cortical processes. keep yelling impeach bush - please

3. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 17 2006, 07:03 AM) [snapback]256766[/snapback]</div>
    You keep bringing up Truman, FDR, and Kennedy....let me ask you what do you think Nixon, Eisenhower or lets say, Lincoln, would say about Dubya? Just listen to Pat Buchanan, Christie Whitman, or Fukuyama (father of the Neocon movement), they'll tell you.

Yes, your current Neocon Republican party is self destructing (editors note: the 'self - destructing' quote is taken out of context, yes I know that, just couldn't help myself :) )

Good always out-trumps evil.

4. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 17 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]256766[/snapback]</div>
    critiquing of authority is vital to the properly functioning society,
    this has nothing to do with any party allegiance, it has everything to do with common sense and properly functioning cerebrum.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ May 17 2006, 08:23 AM) [snapback]256769[/snapback]</div>
    First, I am not a republican, I am a conservative - big difference
    Second, you are right, the republicans are self destructing by not controlling spending and expanding social programs too much. The other stuff is ok
    Third, Good hopefully trumps evil - hence Saddam in jail; Bush defeats Kerry; Bush defeats Gore
    Fourth, I dont think Nixon et al would be as surprised as to Bush's set of beliefs and operating system as (American concentration camp) FDR/ (Atom Bomb) Truman/ (tax cut) Kennedy would be in the current democratic operating system of gay marrage/ anti- NSA / anti-CIA / anti-military / pro-taxes / etc, etc.

You see every leader of each party always stood together during times of war - even during Vietnam. Now the democrats side more with our enemy than with our troops :-(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ May 17 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]256772[/snapback]</div>
    true - its how its done that separates the boys from the men.

6. stevedegraw

stevedegraw Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 15 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]255854[/snapback]</div>
    Well maybe not wish for a plane crash....just an execution.

"And so basically, what it looks like is going to happen is that Libby and Karl Rove are going to be executed†because “outing a CIA agent is treason,†left-wing author and radio talk show host Al Franken asserted Friday night, to audience laughter, on CBS’s Late Show with David Letterman.

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karnac @ May 17 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]256817[/snapback]</div>
    Al Franken is a comedian (how funny he is, that's a matter of personal taste). The quote is taken out of context, and obviously was meant to be satirical. The point was that Libby and Rove had committed what would be considered, had it been done by someone else, and act of treason by the government. No one is suggesting that Karl Rove or Scooter Libby be executed. Whether or not kirbinster truly wished that Kennedy had died in a plane crash, the remark was clearly mean-spirited.

8. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ May 16 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]256741[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Sweet Pea, there are plenty of Republicans who don't like Bush, too.

According to a 5.4.06 poll on Fox news (anticipating that you would discount any news source other than Fox) Bush's ratings among those of his ilk, "At the beginning of the year, 80 percent of Republicans approved of the job Bush was doing; now that’s down to 66 percent. It’s a similar story among conservatives: 68 percent approved in early January and 54 percent approve now. "

See, we're not the only reasonable ones!

9. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ May 17 2006, 03:52 AM) [snapback]256741[/snapback]</div>
    I can list several who have the intelligence to be the Prez.

Wes Clark (you cannot, in any way, denigrate this man's intelligence)
    Hillary (she is incredibly intelligent, even if she's a polarizer)
    Mark Warner
    Joe Lieberman
    John Edwards
    Bill Richardson

So there's a short list...even though the other ones that I didn't include on this list (Bayh, Feingold, Kerry, Dodd, Biden) all have more intelligence than our current illustrious potentate . Haha...illustrious potentate. Would that that moniker be true with the current president.

10. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 17 2006, 08:02 AM) [snapback]256787[/snapback]</div>
    That's really funny. Really. Equating evil with Gore and Kerry. I don't even know how to respond to that but laugh. Thanks. I'm reading this at lunch and this was a good pick-me-up after the lunch time food low.

11. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ May 17 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]256741[/snapback]</div>
    They are vastly out numbered by the zealously irrational Clinton hating neo-conservative crowd.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If California is any kind of barometer, it's going to be money.

Right now the candidates for governor are being blasted for their "plans to raise taxes". Then they give a laundry list of every tax you can think of.

In the run for the 50th, (Randy "Duke" Cunningham's seat) it's also about money and budget. Plus there is some stuff related to lobbying.