1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What the F---?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mjms2b, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Jun 3 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]454793[/snapback]</div>
    What efusco said. The explanation they gave us was that they were worried the cat would get cold (or rather never warm up enough) and thus get "worse" FE ratings. Now the question is "Why is it included in the 08 HiHy and LSh?"

If I had to guess, it's the same reason they don't add IPA (Intelligent Park Assist)

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Jun 3 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]454793[/snapback]</div>
    The Prius gets the AT-PZEV rating, which is the cleanest emissions rating a gasoline-burning car can get. As Evan pointed out, there was concern that the EV button could have resulted in loss of that rating. Since the Highlander and Lexus do not get the AT-PZEV rating anyway, there was no reason to leave off the button.

I really like having the EV switch, but for the vast majority of Prius drivers, it would just add confusion to a vehicle that, when it was introduced, many people already thought was confusing.

In any case, the Prius can run in EV mode only for very short stints at steady speeds or under very light acceleration, making the button a minor item. If you like EV mode, you really need to get a car like Yvette the E 'Vette. :) She'll go 45 miles in EV mode and she's a true Zero-Emissions car.

The Prius gets the AT-PZEV rating, which is the cleanest emissions rating a gasoline-burning car can get. As Evan pointed out, there was concern that the EV button could have resulted in loss of that rating. Since the Highlander and Lexus do not get the AT-PZEV rating anyway, there was no reason to leave off the button.

I really like having the EV switch, but for the vast majority of Prius drivers, it would just add confusion to a vehicle that, when it was introduced, many people already thought was confusing.

In any case, the Prius can run in EV mode only for very short stints at steady speeds or under very light acceleration, making the button a minor item. If you like EV mode, you really need to get a car like Yvette the E 'Vette. :) She'll go 45 miles in EV mode and she's a true Zero-Emissions car.

3. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Jun 3 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]454657[/snapback]</div>

let me guess you work either for big tobacco, oil or a car company? which is it?

(unfortunately i think you are right, the idiots i see on the road substantiates this claim)

4. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 3 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]454550[/snapback]</div>

yes doc, maybe you're right, there is no connection, >wink, wink<

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=34196&hl=