1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What the heck did I just order?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by AZGeek, Feb 9, 2012.

1. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just placed an order for a 2012 Gen III Model 5. Can anyone translate the codes for me?

Model 1229/LB10
    Color 03R3
    Equipment desired: AW, AY, CF, G4 / Dark Grey LB10, V5, GN

I know what I did for the build on Toyota's web site and am curious how well the local dealership did in translating that. They've told me that they have ordered everything, so this is just my attempt at an independent check.

BTW, they estimate a 10 week delivery time. That's a lot better than the almost 20 weeks it took for my current '04 Gen II. Anyone have a little pill I can take to put me to sleep for the next 10 weeks?

2. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You might shoot a PM to Dianne Whitmire (see dealer forum), our local High Priustess. She should be able to confirm your codes.

1 person likes this.
  3. AZGeek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    And the dealership told me that Toyota is removing the Parking Assist option in the Technology Package because of the difficulties they have had with customer satisfaction. That removal doesn't bother me because I was not planning on using it much, if even at all.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I doubt that's the real reason. They removed it because they wanted to add HUD (which would be more useful in terms of daily driving) and maintain the same price point on the AY (adv tech package) option.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That HUD better damn well be equipped with an aim point selection for Hellfire, Maverick, and our personal favorite, Chain Guns!:eek:
    Or at minimum, a Threat Warning Receiver .....Radar Detector.
    I swear by mine!:D

6. tommygun

tommygun Who was that masked man?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Seriously, did they really say 10 weeks? I just ordered a model 5 w/ advanced technology package. I was told 6-8 weeks. I'm hoping it's even less than that as I'm ending my current lease. P.S. I can't help you with the codes. Good luck.

7. AZGeek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yep, 10 weeks. They said it was because of the Barcelona color option.

I really doubt most dealerships really know what the heck is going on. I first tried to order this with the VIP security package and was told that wasn't available, even though you could build it on the Toyota web site. A couple of days later the story has changed. Now they CAN put that into the build, but the Parking Assist has dropped out of the Advanced Technology Package.

As long as they've ordered the Advanced Technology Package then I'll take what comes, knowing that the local dealership really doesn't have a clue. Hence my original post to get confirmation on what I've ordered.

The sad news is that I am going with the most reputable dealership in the city. :(

8. AZGeek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You might be right on that. :thumb:I went back to the dealership over the weekend. I now have a new salesperson assisting my order, after having complained about the poor experience the first time around with my order. The (new) salesman said that the reason for removing the Parking Assist was partly due to the complexity of obtaining a satisfied owner experience, but more about adding HUD at the same price point for the ATP. If that really does turn out to be the case then I will be thrilled. The HUD seems pretty cool when used with the Nav system under guidance: Prius HUD II - YouTube

The only time I ever planned on using the Parking Assist was to show off the technology.