1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what the heck does this button do???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by saucebag, Jun 3, 2012.

1. saucebag

saucebag Nude Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i pressed it, but no thin bottle containing 8 pills popped out at me, like the icon suggests???

what does it do? i don't have a user manual to look it up?
    thanks

Attached Files:

• pri.JPG
      pri.JPG
      File size:
      158.6 KB
      Views:
  2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. Steve Type-4

Steve Type-4 Trading HP for MPG

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ha, I was playing with that button today and looked up its function in the Prius manual. Turns out it's a "micro dust and pollen filter" and it switches outside air to recycled air, filtering dust and pollens then blows the filtered air to the upper body. I think it automatically turning off after 3 mins.

4. zhutton

zhutton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As Steve said, it's basically an air filter, removes the rubbish from the air, on my daily drive to work I have to pass a pig farm (you can use your imagination to work out the smells!) pushing the pollen button does stop the smell entering the cabin and the air does feel a bit more crisp after using it.

Zakk

5. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    "Fart button"! Closes off all outside air, recirculates inside only (unlike the regular "recirculate" setting which mixes outside and inside air), turns up the fan speed, and forces all air through the charcoal filter. Surprisingly, it really does work. Intuitively, I always felt the quickest way to clear foul air inside the car would be to draw in outside air and force out the stale stuff, but this works ever so much better. So as to avoid an excess of CO2 inside the car, it runs for only 3 minutes before switching back to the previous setting. Try it!

6. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yup, good for when skunks become road kill and that wunnerful scent fills the cabin!