1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What the heck is this?!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Michael Romano, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Michael Romano

Michael Romano New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So I'm driving along and the splash plate on the driver side just let loose and made a scraping sound. It all came loose from the front half way around the wheel well. For no, I just cut it off and ordered a replacement.

However, after cutting it off, I see this wire hanging there. I don't know how long it's been hanging there behind the guard or it was pulled out of something when the guard came off.

Can anyone tell me what it is, if it's important, how to get it back to where it belongs, etc.?

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is there a part number on it? Go plug it in at a parts website.

-Chap

3. Michael Romano

Michael Romano New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't see one. I took a close up of the only bit of writing on the part. I can only read that it's stamped "Toyota" on it.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    techinfo.toyota.com, wiring diagram viewer, location-and-routing view, then follow it back to the diagram and match up the wire colors and connector shape. Like this.

-Chap