1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What time do you start work?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Somechic, May 30, 2006.

1. heavenleigh

heavenleigh New Member

We try to get to work by 7:30-7:35, by the time I walk the 1/4 mile to my desk I'm usually working by 7:45. I don't take the coffee/breakfast breaks that many at my work take. We get 45 mins for lunch and I can leave at 4:15pm (usu. stay until 4:30 'cause I carpool w/my boyfriend). Many at my work are on the really early schedule: 6:30-3 or 7-3:30, and anyone getting in at 8 or after are considered "late starters" :) The #1 thing I LOVE about my work is 7.75 hour workdays!!!!!!!!!

2. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 31 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]263557[/snapback]</div>

Godiva,

Please do not confuse my question as disrespect; I'm generally interested.
    I have a friend, who teaches Chemistry & Physics in high school and gets paid rather well. When we sat down and figured it out, it was more than $50/hour. He too has to pay for additonal/required training and conferences out of his own pocket. I guess my question is, do you think other occupations do not? Any time I want to go to a relavant work-related conference, I have to pay for it myself too. I've also paid for all of my own education.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I work 730a-500p mon-fri :D :D

4. kosmikchic

kosmikchic New Member

i work M-F, 8 to 5. my commute is not too bad... just a half an hour..... now with the new prius, it's even better, i look forward to the drive now :)

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Somechic @ Jun 1 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]263972[/snapback]</div>
    10 hour day, 184 days, $70,000 a year comes out to $38.00 an hour. That's before they take out all of the taxes, retirement, medical etc. It doesn't count the extra time for training, conferences and classes nor the expenses.

There are companies that pay for their employees training and/or send the employees to training on company time. My relatives seem to work for these types of companies.

While some people do take work home, many do not. When the work day ends, the job ends and they go home. Their weekends and evenings are their own.

I'll bet few people have to buy office supplies for their own use.

I've got a masters degree and I resent people who think I don't work hard enough or I should be making minimum wage, because what I do isn't important enough to justify my salary I guess. I happen to think I'm a bargain at $38.00 an hour. I think I should make more than a checker at a grocery store.

6. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Alarm goes off at 4:30AM
    Out the door at 5:00
    Arrive at work at 5:50
    Start work immediately checking all systems - then get break for cup of tea or coffee and some BS'n with co-workers
    30 minutes for lunch
    Leave work at 3:30PM (or there about but usually out no later then 4PM)
    Arrive home about 5:00PM (if out on time)
    Commute length about 44 miles each way

7. Djsight

Djsight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonDNH @ Jun 1 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]264268[/snapback]</div>
    I never have a set schedule since I am self-employed but I typically stay at least until 7pm at night
    and never leave before 8:30 usually 9:00am. to 8pm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonDNH @ Jun 1 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]264268[/snapback]</div>
    I never have a set schedule since I am self-employed but I typically stay at least until 7pm at night
    and never leave before 8:30 usually 9:00am. to 8pm.

Im not sure why my replies are coming up as topics??????