1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What tint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by CdotK, Aug 30, 2013.

?
  1. 3M Color Stable

66.7%
  2. Formula One Pinnacle

33.3%
  1. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Better q for 32Kcolors. He has those installed.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Also, they have fully exposed rear reflectors, whereas tinting over the stock reflectors violate many states' laws as they are written.

There are some DOT-stamped aftermarket taillights, but Valenti isn't one of them. Valenti is a JDM manufacturer and does not actively sell in the United States so they have no reason to get them DOT certified. They do sell in Europe so they have European E-mark certificate (European version of DOT) for street legal usage as a result.

3. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    i would really like a set but 430+30 for shipping is a little too much for me! Ill just roll with the stock ones:(

4. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The tint looks good!

I kind of want to get mine tinted. On a previous car I had 50% on the back and rear sides and 35% on the front sides. That's dark enough for me. Had to take them off when I moved to DC because they wouldn't pass safety inspection (any non-factory tint, unless you are a limo, etc.) Since then I've got used to not having tint, but I think it would look good on a Prius and over the last few years they've thrown out the safety inspections for passenger vehicles (just emissions now.)