1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Tires for 3 seasons on Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alexilic, Jun 27, 2010.

1. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My '07 Touring is at almost 60k and am in need of new tires. I've gotten 55k of those on the original Bridgestone tires!! This past winter I purchased rims and snow tires, hence where the other 5k went. This also means I do not need "all season" tires. Which I hope opens up a couple more options.

The Bridgestone Tourance EL 400's worked fine for me. I don't have any real complaints. I drove them pretty hard and was surprised they lasted this long. Actually, they probably should of been changed a few thousand miles ago, but I try and get every penny I can out of stuff!!

I'm on here for a couple of specific questions and don't want to turn this into another huge tire thread. I would like it to be about the 16" touring editions.

What prompted this is that tire rack is giving $100 AMEX gift cards with the purchase of 4 Bridgestone tires.

1. What tire will give best MPG (remember, I don't need 4 season tires).

2. Whatever tire is best MPG you recommend, what is it's life expectancy?

3. Is it louder or quieter then the stock EL's?

Now, I'm looking at the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100's as they are a LRR tire. I did a search on here but not lots of info, probably due to it only being a summer tire. Which is fine with me. If you have suggestions, please share.

EDIT: I don't care if it's the 195 or 205 size, I just don't want to lose MPGs

Thank You...