1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What to do? Shop Repaired my Prius $10,000 now its a wreck.

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Absolutly Red Hot, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I was rear ended and the Drivers side rear corner was slammed. New Quarter panel and rear body panel, Bumper , hatch, and repair both side doors. When I picked it up the rear wiper was cleaning my license plate the first time I used it. Then I noticed some scratches in the spoiler that the shop took off and re-installed. I took it back. Then a month later the rear bumper was separating from the quarter panel, Took it back again. So I took it to the car wash. Now I see the paint does not match, Bumper is chipping where the over tightened it to the quarter panel, and the gaps are all off, I told my Insurance guy and he is talking to the shop. I think they have a redo on their hands. I would rather have them just buy it off me and get into a new car. I told the Insurance I did not want it fixed. Anyone know the laws regarding 1110121145.jpg Auto Body Repairs gone wrong?

2. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    0322131920.jpg
    I am seeing Red , Orange, and Red. The top of the Hatch does not match the factory Red on the Roof & Spoiler.

0327132023.jpg

3. Francos

Francos Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I told the Insurance I did not want it fixed. Anyone know the laws regarding

Unfortunately, The insurance company decides whether to repair it or total it. They already spent 10K on it. The repair shop has to re-do it for free, or almost free. So it is in the interest of the insurance company to repair it.
    You may have some protection under your State law.

4. socal619

socal619 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Was it done through the recommendation shop the ins prefer you to go to? If so, the shop will have to fix to your preference. If not, then most likely you have to handle the issues with the shop on your own. This is my own experience that I went through...

GL on the outcome.

5. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    It was done at a Insurance Approved repair shop, Both the Insurance Co & the shop guarantee the repairs as log as I own it. I am just pissed because it was in the shop 45+ days the first time. I am now looking at more rental on their dime. It just kills my driving experience. I am also having pride of ownership withdrawals.
    1013121944.jpg

6. socal619

socal619 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ask your adjuster to take your car to another recommendation shop.

7. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  8. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Be critical of your paint not matching when you pick it up. Nothing like having different shades of paint...

JMD likes this.
  9. Image Group

Image Group Bounding Overwatch to Grandmothers house we go!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I have an attorney that lives a couple houses down from me. Nice guy other than the fact that he's an "Attorney" No offense to attorneys out there. Well, okay maybe a little but still.
    He was in an accident and his car was 2 years old. He managed to get a brand new car out of it and his car was no where near the damage your car suffered. He claimed something about diminished value and something about it no longer being an accident free vehicle. He somehow proved that the car would now be more likely to fail and resale was ruined. Not sure exactly but he managed a new car. I can ask if you want.

JMD likes this.
  10. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What was the name of the repair shop you went to? You are in Cal, you had your choice of any shop you want!
    Like the above poster noted, when you get rear ended, an Accident Attorney is a must, specifically for reasons like this!
    It may be too late, but the first call is free, call somebody and see if you have any options!

xs650 likes this.
  11. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Diminished value is reconized by most Insurance companys if you are a 3 rd party. If you are a Insured then you are subject to the policy language and most policies do not allow for it. I am under my own coverage as it was a hit & run. Because I am with one of the better Insurance carriers they will pay to make the car right. It is just a shame that the shop I cannot mention did such a poor job. I have an appointment with a different shop on my Insurance carriers list and they will take a crack at getting it right.

12. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Are you going to fix the car and sell it or plan on keeping it?

13. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I bought this car because I had to take a job that is a 90 mile a day commute. I planed on driving the wheels off it. I have always enjoyed cars, this is not a car to enjoy but serves a perpose. Now that it has been blasted and rebuilt. It has lost the illuison of being a fun driving machine. It is now just an commuter car for me. (sigh;)

JMD likes this.
  14. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Enough with the doom and gloom.

They will fix the Car.