1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What to use to clean rims/hubs/whatever?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by chctsmw, Jul 22, 2007.

1. chctsmw

chctsmw New Member

I've been searching the forums, followed the recommendations, ordered Zaino and love the results! Plan to get some 303 Protectant for the tires and black plastic parts. But what should I use on the rims (hubs, whatever the proper technical term is for the silver parts in the middle of the tire!)?

If it makes a difference, I have whatever comes standard on the 2007 non-touring model.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can use Zaino on the wheels too. After you wash your car's body, wash the wheels. You can put Zaino polish on them too, which may make future cleaning easier too.

Another idea, take off each wheel and thoroughly clean it and treat the tire with 303, then polish the outer surface with Zaino. You could do this on a table so you wouldn't have to squat for hours...

3. chctsmw

chctsmw New Member

Thanks. I didn't realize I could use Zaino on rims. Not only am I a newbie Prius owner, I'm also a newbie at all this polishing stuff. My old cars were lucky to get run through an automatic car wash once a year!

BTW, I love your avatar!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    HSD on the brain...

It really is difficult to understand exactly how the power-split device works, but I love it.