1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What type of aftermarket radiator fluid (aka antifreeze) can i buy from autozone/ advance auto parts

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Kutanks, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So my 04 is getting repaired and my mom let me borrow her 2001. I know wrong forum but I figure that ill get an answer here first. The battery was dead and i had to call AAA to get it jumped. While there i had the guy pump up the tires (car had been sitting for two months). Guy didn't believe me and insisted on popping the hood to look for the battery, lol funny that people still make that mistake 12 years since the cars been out. Anyways he said that my coolant looked low.

The container he pointed out was the one all the way to the left (passenger side). It looked low to me compared to the usual level in my 04 but since the car had been sitting for so long I decided to just drive back to my house tonight (17 miles) to charge up the 12 volt. Car ran fine no issues. I would take it to the dealership first thing in the morning but I have work at the same time it opens and the dealer will be closed when i get off work.

My "brilliant" idea is to just go to say, autozone, and see if anything they sell will do the trick and top up the tank. Ive done my research and it seems that everyone is saying just to get the toyota brand, but that is expensive and I can't go to the dealer tomorrow. Im also working sunday so id like to resolve this asap.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three