1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What version 2010 Prius did I buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by CanyonKid, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CanyonKid

CanyonKid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all,
    I bought a 2010 Prius Friday, and wondering which version it is? (I,II,III?) It's Barcelona Red, with beige leather interior. Has JBL sound system. Has Bluetooth for the phone.

The leather seats do not have lumbar support that I can find (buttons on lower side right?). The spot where the heating controls for seats would be is just a blank black piece of plastic. Does not have any Nav stuff, manual flip button for day/night on rear view mirror. Nothing extra really, which sort of baffles me considering it has the leather and JBL. No fog lights.

Not sure if it has upgrade on headlights, but they are the brightest headlights I've ever had, with high beams on it's like the giant lamp the LAPD helicopter shines down on you on Bike Night in Los Angeles ;-)

Thanks for any help, this forum has already been read for many hours over last weekend!

Oh and does anyone know a reliable place for oil change (won't overfill!) on Prius around Pasadena? The dealer I bought from did oil change on car (even though Toyota records show it got serviced 3000 miles before I bought it, with new filter and 0W-20 oil) before putting it on lot using 10w-40 oil, I want to get that stuff out of there ASAP. Can take to Pasadena Toyota of course but I like to support the little guy when possible.

2. Wthermans

Wthermans New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sounds like my 2010 Blizzard Pearl. I'm certainly no expert, but I think you have a Prius III with JBL/Bluetooth (non-Nav) & Leather Upgrades. I also have a backup camera on mine, but it's dealer-installed aftermarket the original owner had installed when he first purchased it.

Does your Prius have the USB port in the center console or just the Aux-In, also do you have Alloy wheels or just hubcaps?

3. CanyonKid

CanyonKid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Wthermans,
    I just have the Aux-in in the center console (beside cigarette lighter plug), and underneath my plastic wheel covers there are alloy spoked wheels, I guess they're OEM, look kinda weird with that gaping hole in the hub. USB would be sweet, is that something I can have installed?
    Also just found out this morning I have Satellite radio, do I need a subscription for that? Maybe the previous lease paid for it and it will still work for a while.

4. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sounds like you have a 2010 Prius III with add on Leather Seats installed at the Port, or at the Dealer.
    If it was a Prius IV it would have the Seat Lumbar Button, Heated Seats Buttons, and an auto dimming mirror.
    If you tune the radio to Sat Channel 1, you will see the radio ID #. You can contact Sirius XM with that info and pay money to activate channels. Sometimes you can tell them you just bought the car and want to try out the service for 5 months. Price is pretty cheap, I think $20 or something. Don't pay more that $77 per year. That's the lowest rate.
    If you want Stern it's more money though.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  6. priusbee

priusbee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry, just found out the VIN won't provide any model number.
    JBL for 2012-2013 only comes in Prius Four. I am not sure if this is the same for 2010.

7. CanyonKid

CanyonKid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks guys!

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It is not. On '10, Prius III or above comes w/JBL stereo. For '11, it's Prius Three or above.

9. roverman2007

roverman2007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    yep, if your in my age group between 50 and death! you will love sirus station 15 which is called Studio 54!! yeah, disco!