1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What was your first new car?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Glenn G, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Speaking of foolishly selling or trading prior vehicles, here are some vehicles that if I had today....................?

68 mustang- rebuilt tranny for racing, built up engine (boss 302) and lowered suspension
    69 Plymouth GTX- just try finding one now!
    69 California Style Bug- engine upgraded with dual carbs
    72 Datsun 510- L18 motor, weber carb, headers, tight suspension- a "screamer" on the freeways!

The biggest misses (regarding value today) is the GTX and 72 Datsun- Their values today are ridiculous!

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tell me about it..... :(
    I GAVE AWAY a 1970 Chevelle (Not the LS6) to my brother because I got married and was tired of paying the storage.
    HE gave it to a family friend who in turn horse-traded it for another car.

Last time I checked?
    The current owner turned it into one of the LS-6 clones that you see going for eye-popping sums.
    I loved the car when I had it, but a 4000# 3-speed V8 RWD car struggling to wheeze out 400BHP on 14" tires, bound by 11" disc brakes (optional!) is near suicidal by today's standards.

The "golden age" of cars is TODAY......but I hafta admit........I wouldn't mind having that car back. ;)

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I loved the 70's Chevelle's!!! My favorite one that still sticks in my head to this day is one that a dude drove that was Cocoa Brown (with metal flakes sparkling in it) and a white interior with a white vinyl top. Set up was similar to yours, with the obligatory "blower" coming out the hood. On the rear corner panels was a green marijuan leaf and the name, "Reefer Madness". The car was simply gorgeous.